Make-A-Shout!

<<  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 > >>  

paarthurnax
Administrator
May 16, 2014
Titankiin
Toxikyle

The Thu'um is magic though.

But It shouldn't be. It is a power, not magic. So you are saying that werewolves can't hurt mages when they use Wards?

The Thu'um is a form of magic.

"The Nords have long practiced a spiritual form of magic known as "The Way of the Voice", based largely on their veneration of the Wind as the personification of Kynareth. Nords consider themselves to be the children of the sky, and the breath and the voice of a Nord is his vital essence. Through the use of the Voice, the vital power of a Nord can be articulated into a thu'um, or shout."

-Pocket Guide to the Empire, 1st Edition/Skyrim

It is not identical in nature to the magicka-based spells but it is still magic, which wards protect against.

Lycanthropy by comparison is a supernatural condition. Magic may be involved but transforming into a werewolf is in no way comparable to casting a mage armor spell or a fire cloak spell. Lycanthropy is an inner magic affecting the body itself rather than an outer magic affecting the body as an external agent, like a paralysis or invisibility spell.

Lastly it is important to separate game mechanics from lore. "Shouts are not magic because they're mapped to the powers button" doesn't work in lore discussion. "Powers" like the Serpent Stone ability and Ancestor's Wrath are still magic even though they use the powers button.

by paarthurnax
May 16, 2014
Titankiin
Toxikyle

The Thu'um is magic though.

But It shouldn't be. It is a power, not magic. So you are saying that werewolves can't hurt mages when they use Wards?

The Thu'um is a form of magic.

"The Nords have long practiced a spiritual form of magic known as "The Way of the Voice", based largely on their veneration of the Wind as the personification of Kynareth. Nords consider themselves to be the children of the sky, and the breath and the voice of a Nord is his vital essence. Through the use of the Voice, the vital power of a Nord can be articulated into a thu'um, or shout."

-Pocket Guide to the Empire, 1st Edition/Skyrim

It is not identical in nature to the magicka-based spells but it is still magic, which wards protect against.

Lycanthropy by comparison is a supernatural condition. Magic may be involved but transforming into a werewolf is in no way comparable to casting a mage armor spell or a fire cloak spell. Lycanthropy is an inner magic affecting the body itself rather than an outer magic affecting the body as an external agent, like a paralysis or invisibility spell.

Lastly it is important to separate game mechanics from lore. "Shouts are not magic because they're mapped to the powers button" doesn't work in lore discussion. "Powers" like the Serpent Stone ability and Ancestor's Wrath are still magic even though they use the powers button.

Titankiin
May 16, 2014
Toxikyle

No, they can't, since wards block a portion of physical damage as well. Also, powers ARE magic.

As If. My swords or arrows always penertrate the wards. same with the werewolves.

by Titankiin
May 16, 2014
Toxikyle

No, they can't, since wards block a portion of physical damage as well. Also, powers ARE magic.

As If. My swords or arrows always penertrate the wards. same with the werewolves.

paarthurnax
Administrator
May 16, 2014
Titankiin
Toxikyle

Check the spell description on wards. They increase your armor score in addition to deflecting spells.

by paarthurnax
May 16, 2014
Titankiin
Toxikyle

Check the spell description on wards. They increase your armor score in addition to deflecting spells.

Titankiin
May 16, 2014
paarthurnax
Titankiin
Toxikyle

I guess I've made my point. No-one else should comment to this reply.

by Titankiin
May 16, 2014
paarthurnax
Titankiin
Toxikyle

I guess I've made my point. No-one else should comment to this reply.

zahkrii
June 27, 2014

"Yol Lon Fusk" (Fire Fist Throw). Allows to generate fire with hands and to throw it toward the enemies!

YOL LON FUSK!

by zahkrii
June 27, 2014

"Yol Lon Fusk" (Fire Fist Throw). Allows to generate fire with hands and to throw it toward the enemies!

YOL LON FUSK!

Loniizrath
June 28, 2014
zahkrii

YOL LON FUSK!

Isn't that what most of the fire spells already in the game allow you to do?

by Loniizrath
June 28, 2014
zahkrii

YOL LON FUSK!

Isn't that what most of the fire spells already in the game allow you to do?

Nahvultoor Lot Dovah
July 11, 2014

Skein hah miin!

Scar mind eye!

Blinds the enemy permenantly, causing them to swing in random locations and run into walls. Works on:

Men 

Mer

Animals

Doesnt work on:

Falmer

Atronachs

Dragons

Daedra

Undead

Dwemer guardians/workers

by Nahvultoor Lot Dovah
July 11, 2014

Skein hah miin!

Scar mind eye!

Blinds the enemy permenantly, causing them to swing in random locations and run into walls. Works on:

Men 

Mer

Animals

Doesnt work on:

Falmer

Atronachs

Dragons

Daedra

Undead

Dwemer guardians/workers

Nahvultoor Lot Dovah
July 11, 2014

Sos Slen Dir!

Blood Flesh Die!

Ruptures an enemies insides and tears at their flesh, causing a huge hemorrhage all over them. They bleed out and die in seconds. Works on:

Falmer

Men

Mer

Animals

Dragons (very weak though)

Doesnt work on:

Atronachs

Dwemer guardians/workers

Daedra

by Nahvultoor Lot Dovah
July 11, 2014

Sos Slen Dir!

Blood Flesh Die!

Ruptures an enemies insides and tears at their flesh, causing a huge hemorrhage all over them. They bleed out and die in seconds. Works on:

Falmer

Men

Mer

Animals

Dragons (very weak though)

Doesnt work on:

Atronachs

Dwemer guardians/workers

Daedra

Nahvultoor Lot Dovah
July 11, 2014

SK2N H4 M3N

SOS SLEN D7

by Nahvultoor Lot Dovah
July 11, 2014

SK2N H4 M3N

SOS SLEN D7

Ace Warbringer
September 19, 2014

I created a shout for a bit of fanfiction I'm writing. So its more literary than anything.

Zin-Gro-Unahzaal

Honor-Bound-Eternal

Full shout is a binding oath. No escape from the terms. So be carefull with how you structure them.

by Ace Warbringer
September 19, 2014

I created a shout for a bit of fanfiction I'm writing. So its more literary than anything.

Zin-Gro-Unahzaal

Honor-Bound-Eternal

Full shout is a binding oath. No escape from the terms. So be carefull with how you structure them.

Fus Ro Dah
September 20, 2014

@AceWarbringer that is really the coolest shout I have ever even heard. 

by Fus Ro Dah
September 20, 2014

@AceWarbringer that is really the coolest shout I have ever even heard. 

Mulhahlor
September 20, 2014
Ace Warbringer

Zin-Gro-Unahzaal

Honor-Bound-Eternal

I read that fanfiction. It's very good!

by Mulhahlor
September 20, 2014
Ace Warbringer

Zin-Gro-Unahzaal

Honor-Bound-Eternal

Ace Warbringer
September 21, 2014
Mulhahlor
Ace Warbringer

Zin-Gro-Unahzaal

Honor-Bound-Eternal

Ha ha! thank you!

by Ace Warbringer
September 21, 2014
Mulhahlor
Ace Warbringer

Zin-Gro-Unahzaal

Honor-Bound-Eternal

Ha ha! thank you!

DovahKiinZaan
September 25, 2014

How about break-rip-dragon 

insta-kill for dragons

by DovahKiinZaan
September 25, 2014

insta-kill for dragons

Mulhahlor
September 26, 2014
DovaKiinZaan

insta-kill for dragons

Doesn't Miraak have that already?

by Mulhahlor
September 26, 2014
DovaKiinZaan

insta-kill for dragons

Doesn't Miraak have that already?

<<  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.