Synonym: Accouter

by Mirkrilaar
July 30, 2014

Karaas

Synonym: Accouter

Mahlaansaviik
July 31, 2014

Thur

I think "Thur" should also mean "Tyranny" because Paarthurnax seems to suggest it means tyranny when he says, "Yes. there were a few of us that rebelled against Alduin's thur... his tyranny. We aided the humans in his overthrow."

by Mahlaansaviik
July 31, 2014

Thur

I think "Thur" should also mean "Tyranny" because Paarthurnax seems to suggest it means tyranny when he says, "Yes. there were a few of us that rebelled against Alduin's thur... his tyranny. We aided the humans in his overthrow."

paarthurnax
Administrator
July 31, 2014
Mahlaansaviik

Thur

Sure, removed our created words for "tyranny" and "tyrant" and added those definitions to thur.

by paarthurnax
July 31, 2014
Mahlaansaviik

Thur

Sure, removed our created words for "tyranny" and "tyrant" and added those definitions to thur.

Ahmuldein
July 31, 2014

Zogrit

Add definition, Skeptical

by Ahmuldein
July 31, 2014

Zogrit

Foduiiz
August 1, 2014

Siintul

Can "somirk" cover this definition?

by Foduiiz
August 1, 2014

Siintul

Can "somirk" cover this definition?

Foduiiz
August 1, 2014
Ahmuldein

Zogrit

Also "dubious", and maybe "hesitant", too.

by Foduiiz
August 1, 2014
Ahmuldein

Zogrit

Also "dubious", and maybe "hesitant", too.

paarthurnax
Administrator
August 1, 2014

@Siintul, I removed somirk and moved its definitions over to siintul, since somirk has no derivatives and siintul is rooted in siin.

@Zogrit, this one is specifically zo+grit, so "doubtful" would be the closest English equivalent. I did add "dubious."

by paarthurnax
August 1, 2014

@Siintul, I removed somirk and moved its definitions over to siintul, since somirk has no derivatives and siintul is rooted in siin.

@Zogrit, this one is specifically zo+grit, so "doubtful" would be the closest English equivalent. I did add "dubious."

Mirkrilaar
August 3, 2014

Feluk

Synonym: Commodity

by Mirkrilaar
August 3, 2014

Feluk

Synonym: Commodity

hiith
August 3, 2014

Fiid

There's two fiid's: ^this one and: http://www.thuum.org/viewword.php?word=3546

by hiith
August 3, 2014

Fiid

There's two fiid's: ^this one and: http://www.thuum.org/viewword.php?word=3546

hiith
August 3, 2014

Lig

Is this "please" as in "to please someone", as in "can I have that, please?", or both? I believe that there should be some clarification in the notes.

by hiith
August 3, 2014

Lig

Is this "please" as in "to please someone", as in "can I have that, please?", or both? I believe that there should be some clarification in the notes.

paarthurnax
Administrator
August 3, 2014

@Fiid, edited the non-canon fiid "to frown, scowl" to fiivut.

@Lig, good catch, lig is the adverb as would be used in "can I have that, please?" Genaz is the verb "to please." I added this to the notes and edited all the words incorrectly attached to lig so that they relate to genaz instead.

by paarthurnax
August 3, 2014

@Fiid, edited the non-canon fiid "to frown, scowl" to fiivut.

@Lig, good catch, lig is the adverb as would be used in "can I have that, please?" Genaz is the verb "to please." I added this to the notes and edited all the words incorrectly attached to lig so that they relate to genaz instead.

hiith
August 4, 2014

Quethsegolahrol

My mistake, the definition is supposed to be Granite Hill (Stone Hill is but the literal translation) (I made this same mistake in my recent word submission). And it was north of Falkreath.

by hiith
August 4, 2014

Quethsegolahrol

My mistake, the definition is supposed to be Granite Hill (Stone Hill is but the literal translation) (I made this same mistake in my recent word submission). And it was north of Falkreath.

paarthurnax
Administrator
August 9, 2014

Kroson

Anyone against shortening this to just "Kros"? It appears as "Kros" in most of the compound words it's in.

by paarthurnax
August 9, 2014

Kroson

Anyone against shortening this to just "Kros"? It appears as "Kros" in most of the compound words it's in.

hiith
August 9, 2014
paarthurnax

Kroson

My only concern about it is that it might sound too similar to "kras".

by hiith
August 9, 2014
paarthurnax

Kroson

My only concern about it is that it might sound too similar to "kras".

<<  <  1  2  3  ...  28  29  30  31  32  100  101  102  103 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.