A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Word Revision Thread

<<  <  1  2  3  ...  15  16  17  18  19  100  101  102  103 > >>  

hiith
June 8, 2014
paarthurnax

Faraanus has a pretty narrow meaning - it only relates to monetary fortune and wealth. "Saavir" is more broad. For example, a rich land, a rich-tasting cake, or a rich color.

Then can we add notes or more definitions to clear this up?

by hiith
June 8, 2014
paarthurnax

Faraanus has a pretty narrow meaning - it only relates to monetary fortune and wealth. "Saavir" is more broad. For example, a rich land, a rich-tasting cake, or a rich color.

hiith
June 8, 2014

Ho

Do we really need this? No-one uses it, and it seems kinda... useless. Could we just leave "you" to the canon "hi"?

by hiith
June 8, 2014

Ho

Do we really need this? No-one uses it, and it seems kinda... useless. Could we just leave "you" to the canon "hi"?

paarthurnax
Administrator
June 8, 2014
hiith
paarthurnax

I added some notes to saavir that should clear things up.

When it comes to expanding word definitions, words that are made using suffixes are going to be less flexible. For example, faraanus comes directly from faraan, which we know from canon means "wealth/fortune." This makes its closest English equivalent "wealthy."

Removed ho. The canon mentions that hi is the formal version of "you," so I think ho was created under the thought of "well, then what is the informal pronoun?"

by paarthurnax
June 8, 2014
hiith
paarthurnax

I added some notes to saavir that should clear things up.

When it comes to expanding word definitions, words that are made using suffixes are going to be less flexible. For example, faraanus comes directly from faraan, which we know from canon means "wealth/fortune." This makes its closest English equivalent "wealthy."

Removed ho. The canon mentions that hi is the formal version of "you," so I think ho was created under the thought of "well, then what is the informal pronoun?"

hiith
June 8, 2014
paarthurnax

Removed ho.

You sure? It doesn't say that it's deleted.

by hiith
June 8, 2014
paarthurnax

Removed ho.

paarthurnax
Administrator
June 9, 2014
hiith
paarthurnax

Removed ho.

Strange, thought I did. Removed now.

by paarthurnax
June 9, 2014
hiith
paarthurnax

Removed ho.

Strange, thought I did. Removed now.

hiith
June 9, 2014

Porah

would be better as "koravnu", from canon "koraav".

by hiith
June 9, 2014

Porah

paarthurnax
Administrator
June 9, 2014
hiith

Porah

Changed to "Koraavnu." I think there should be a separate word for the verb "to blind" then. It could be "Gekoraavnu," "to make sightless," or some shorter alternative.

by paarthurnax
June 9, 2014
hiith

Porah

Changed to "Koraavnu." I think there should be a separate word for the verb "to blind" then. It could be "Gekoraavnu," "to make sightless," or some shorter alternative.

Foduiiz
June 9, 2014
paarthurnax

I think there should be a separate word for the verb "to blind" then. It could be "Gekoraavnu," "to make sightless," or some shorter alternative.

Vokoraav? Unsee?

by Foduiiz
June 9, 2014
paarthurnax

I think there should be a separate word for the verb "to blind" then. It could be "Gekoraavnu," "to make sightless," or some shorter alternative.

Vokoraav? Unsee?

paarthurnax
Administrator
June 9, 2014
qobofus
paarthurnax

Vokoraav? Unsee?

Sure - I think a better way to think of "Vokoraav" might be "desight;" "the light blinded him / the light desighted him."

by paarthurnax
June 9, 2014
qobofus
paarthurnax

Vokoraav? Unsee?

Sure - I think a better way to think of "Vokoraav" might be "desight;" "the light blinded him / the light desighted him."

Foduiiz
June 9, 2014
paarthurnax

Bang on the money. Have you added it manually or should I submit it?

by Foduiiz
June 9, 2014
paarthurnax

paarthurnax
Administrator
June 9, 2014
qobofus
paarthurnax

You should submit it.

by paarthurnax
June 9, 2014
qobofus
paarthurnax

You should submit it.

Foduiiz
June 9, 2014
paarthurnax

You should submit it.

Wilco.

by Foduiiz
June 9, 2014
paarthurnax

You should submit it.

Wilco.

hiith
June 10, 2014

Wok

Perhaps we should just leave "wo" to be the objective form of "Who", leaving it more canonical and simpler.

by hiith
June 10, 2014

Wok

Perhaps we should just leave "wo" to be the objective form of "Who", leaving it more canonical and simpler.

paarthurnax
Administrator
June 10, 2014
hiith

Wok

Good idea, less is more.

by paarthurnax
June 10, 2014
hiith

Wok

Good idea, less is more.

Foduiiz
June 10, 2014
hiith

Wok

"More simpler"

EDIT: Krosis, my inner Grammar Nazi escaped...

by Foduiiz
June 10, 2014
hiith

Wok

"More simpler"

EDIT: Krosis, my inner Grammar Nazi escaped...

<<  <  1  2  3  ...  15  16  17  18  19  100  101  102  103 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.