Word Revision Thread

<<  <  1  2  3  ...  16  17  18  19  20  100  101  102  103 > >>  

paarthurnax
Administrator
June 10, 2014
qobofus
hiith

Wok

Perhaps we should just leave "wo" to be the objective form of "Who", leaving it more canonical and simpler.

"More simpler"

EDIT: Krosis, my inner Grammar Nazi escaped...

While that is a better way to phrase it, "more canonical and simpler" is actually still correct. It depends on how you interpret "and." "More canonical" is one part, and "simpler" is another. More clearly:

• ... leaving it more canonical, and simpler.
  • ... leaving it simpler and more canonical.
by paarthurnax
June 10, 2014
qobofus
hiith

Wok

Perhaps we should just leave "wo" to be the objective form of "Who", leaving it more canonical and simpler.

"More simpler"

EDIT: Krosis, my inner Grammar Nazi escaped...

While that is a better way to phrase it, "more canonical and simpler" is actually still correct. It depends on how you interpret "and." "More canonical" is one part, and "simpler" is another. More clearly:

• ... leaving it more canonical, and simpler.

Foduiiz
June 10, 2014
paarthurnax

That's how I'd have phrased it, but let's not derail this thread further.

by Foduiiz
June 10, 2014
paarthurnax

That's how I'd have phrased it, but let's not derail this thread further.

hiith
June 12, 2014

Zaknah

might be better as "vosotiiv" from "sotiiv", "to excite"

by hiith
June 12, 2014

Zaknah

paarthurnax
Administrator
June 12, 2014
hiith

Zaknah

Sounds good, changed.

by paarthurnax
June 12, 2014
hiith

Zaknah

Sounds good, changed.

Ahmuldein
June 12, 2014

Avond

Non Canon? Did they not have evenings in Skyrim

by Ahmuldein
June 12, 2014

Avond

paarthurnax
Administrator
June 12, 2014
Ahmuldovah

Avond

Non-canon words are words invented by the community that aren't directly based on canon or semi-canon words. In this case, a word for "evening" wasn't provided in the game, so we invented the word "Avond," so it is non-canon.

You can read more about canon levels here:

http://www.thuum.org/manual.php

by paarthurnax
June 12, 2014
Ahmuldovah

Avond

Non-canon words are words invented by the community that aren't directly based on canon or semi-canon words. In this case, a word for "evening" wasn't provided in the game, so we invented the word "Avond," so it is non-canon.

You can read more about canon levels here:

http://www.thuum.org/manual.php

hiith
June 13, 2014

Il

perhaps "let" and "allow" could be merged to one word

by hiith
June 13, 2014

Il

Ahmuldein
June 13, 2014

Nauaas

I'm gonna get on Skyrim and see if I can find the Dovahzul word for this because this HAS to be a word I just have a weird feeling about it. Just a reminder not a revision. Just a suggestion

by Ahmuldein
June 13, 2014

Nauaas

I'm gonna get on Skyrim and see if I can find the Dovahzul word for this because this HAS to be a word I just have a weird feeling about it. Just a reminder not a revision. Just a suggestion

paarthurnax
Administrator
June 14, 2014
hiith

Il

Sounds good. So previously we had the following words: il "to let," vos "able," and gevos "to enable/allow." What I did was merge everything into vos, so it is now the verb "to enable / allow / let," and as an adjective, "able."

Vos mu bo, "let us fly/go."

Zu'u vos kendov, "I am an able warrior."

Makes something that's rather unique from English.

by paarthurnax
June 14, 2014
hiith

Il

Sounds good. So previously we had the following words: il "to let," vos "able," and gevos "to enable/allow." What I did was merge everything into vos, so it is now the verb "to enable / allow / let," and as an adjective, "able."

Vos mu bo, "let us fly/go."

Zu'u vos kendov, "I am an able warrior."

Makes something that's rather unique from English.

hiith
June 14, 2014

Krosus

"krosis" seems to be used as an apology by the dov in the game, so I believe that "krosis" should be left to mean "sorry" in an apologetic way, and "zokrosis" should be left to mean "sorry" in its adjective form, with notes on both to specify.

by hiith
June 14, 2014

Krosus

"krosis" seems to be used as an apology by the dov in the game, so I believe that "krosis" should be left to mean "sorry" in an apologetic way, and "zokrosis" should be left to mean "sorry" in its adjective form, with notes on both to specify.

hiith
June 14, 2014

Vos

could have a note saying that it is (now) also a verb. Another thing, perhaps this could also mean "let us", or "let's", as in "let's go". I know that I've said this before, but that phrase isn't technically a correct term, so I don't think that it should mean the same thing in the Dragon Tongue. Maybe we could have a separate word to mean "let's". What're your thoughts?

by hiith
June 14, 2014

Vos

could have a note saying that it is (now) also a verb. Another thing, perhaps this could also mean "let us", or "let's", as in "let's go". I know that I've said this before, but that phrase isn't technically a correct term, so I don't think that it should mean the same thing in the Dragon Tongue. Maybe we could have a separate word to mean "let's". What're your thoughts?

hiith
June 14, 2014

Gein

Perhaps you could have the number runes by the definitions of numbers? I know that it's in a different font, so it might not be all that possible, but it was just a thought.

by hiith
June 14, 2014

Gein

Perhaps you could have the number runes by the definitions of numbers? I know that it's in a different font, so it might not be all that possible, but it was just a thought.

paarthurnax
Administrator
June 14, 2014

Krosus - removed and added "sorry" to both krosis and zokrosis.

Vos - added to notes. As for "let's go," possibly. What if fent was used? "Fent bo," "shall we go / we shall go."

Gein - maybe, it'd be tricky. I'll have to think on it.

by paarthurnax
June 14, 2014

Krosus - removed and added "sorry" to both krosis and zokrosis.

Vos - added to notes. As for "let's go," possibly. What if fent was used? "Fent bo," "shall we go / we shall go."

Gein - maybe, it'd be tricky. I'll have to think on it.

hiith
June 14, 2014

I like the idea of using "(we) shall" to mean "let's".

by hiith
June 14, 2014

paarthurnax
Administrator
June 14, 2014
hiith

Fent, so we shall!

by paarthurnax
June 14, 2014
hiith

Fent, so we shall!

<<  <  1  2  3  ...  16  17  18  19  20  100  101  102  103 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.