A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Word Revision Thread

<<  <  1  2  3  ...  25  26  27  28  29  100  101  102  103 > >>  

paarthurnax
Administrator
July 16, 2014

I think of it this way - lok bo means literally "sky flying." Bo here conveys the sense of being high or above. Tum is the opposite of bo, literally "Thu'um down," not above but deep down within. It's less about the specific list meanings of bo and tum but the general concepts that they convey.

by paarthurnax
July 16, 2014

I think of it this way - lok bo means literally "sky flying." Bo here conveys the sense of being high or above. Tum is the opposite of bo, literally "Thu'um down," not above but deep down within. It's less about the specific list meanings of bo and tum but the general concepts that they convey.

Mirkrilaar
July 16, 2014

Dilah

I think "Arguement" needs to be removed because "You can't arguement". Its not a verb. Maybe it needs to be its own word.

by Mirkrilaar
July 16, 2014

Dilah

I think "Arguement" needs to be removed because "You can't arguement". Its not a verb. Maybe it needs to be its own word.

paarthurnax
Administrator
July 16, 2014
Mirkrilaar

Dilah

It's one of those words that is a noun and a verb, just like "dispute." "You can't dispute" / "We're having a dispute."

by paarthurnax
July 16, 2014
Mirkrilaar

Dilah

It's one of those words that is a noun and a verb, just like "dispute." "You can't dispute" / "We're having a dispute."

Ahmuldein
July 17, 2014

-dein / -ein

This word should be changed to -maar

by Ahmuldein
July 17, 2014

-dein / -ein

Mirkrilaar
July 17, 2014

Gonahsul

Synonym: Sunup

by Mirkrilaar
July 17, 2014

Gonahsul

paarthurnax
Administrator
July 17, 2014
Ahmuldein

-dein / -ein

How come?

by paarthurnax
July 17, 2014
Ahmuldein

-dein / -ein

How come?

Ahmuldein
July 17, 2014

Fahdonmaar is friendship, look in the notes of Fahdonmaar, it has do to with Friendhood, I don't think any words actually use ein/dein anymore, I could be wrong but if I'm not then it should be changed, if I am wrong then say ein/dein/maar

by Ahmuldein
July 17, 2014

Fahdonmaar is friendship, look in the notes of Fahdonmaar, it has do to with Friendhood, I don't think any words actually use ein/dein anymore, I could be wrong but if I'm not then it should be changed, if I am wrong then say ein/dein/maar

Aaliizah
July 17, 2014

Pus

There's already a canon word for this -- mal, "little". Mindoraan laan fah... diversity, nuz "pus" rinik med "mal". Unnecessary.

by Aaliizah
July 17, 2014

Pus

There's already a canon word for this -- mal, "little". Mindoraan laan fah... diversity, nuz "pus" rinik med "mal". Unnecessary.

Aaliizah
July 17, 2014

Gaar

Komeyt is a synonym.

by Aaliizah
July 17, 2014

Gaar

Komeyt is a synonym.

paarthurnax
Administrator
July 17, 2014

@-dein, not all the suffixes are exact, so sometimes -dein would be used, -maar in fahdonmaar is a unique case.

@Pus, I think the two words are distinct enough to warrant two words. I can list mal as the primary translation for "small."

@Gaar, added "Komeyt" to the notes and vice versa.

by paarthurnax
July 17, 2014

@-dein, not all the suffixes are exact, so sometimes -dein would be used, -maar in fahdonmaar is a unique case.

@Pus, I think the two words are distinct enough to warrant two words. I can list mal as the primary translation for "small."

@Gaar, added "Komeyt" to the notes and vice versa.

Mirkrilaar
July 17, 2014

Mahnad

Synonym: Accredit

by Mirkrilaar
July 17, 2014

Mahnad

paarthurnax
Administrator
July 17, 2014
Mirkrilaar

Mahnad

Added.

by paarthurnax
July 17, 2014
Mirkrilaar

Mahnad

Added.

Mirkrilaar
July 23, 2014

Gonahsul

by Mirkrilaar
July 23, 2014

Gonahsul

Ahmuldein
July 23, 2014

Unaz

Synonym, Jiik, Joy

by Ahmuldein
July 23, 2014

Unaz

Synonym, Jiik, Joy

paarthurnax
Administrator
July 23, 2014

Added "sunup" to gonahsul. What if we edited it to shulok ("shul-alok") so that it's consistent with shulmah "sunset"?

by paarthurnax
July 23, 2014

Added "sunup" to gonahsul. What if we edited it to shulok ("shul-alok") so that it's consistent with shulmah "sunset"?

<<  <  1  2  3  ...  25  26  27  28  29  100  101  102  103 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.