by GallantBlade475
July 6, 2014

Agnaar

Could be Yolqoth, or "fire-tomb."

paarthurnax
Administrator
July 7, 2014

@Bolaav, there is a canon word for "give," ofan

@Agnaar, yolqoth would be a possibility, possibly also qothseyol. Pyres aren't necessarily funeral pyres, so I think agnaar works as a more general word.

by paarthurnax
July 7, 2014

@Bolaav, there is a canon word for "give," ofan

@Agnaar, yolqoth would be a possibility, possibly also qothseyol. Pyres aren't necessarily funeral pyres, so I think agnaar works as a more general word.

GallantBlade475
July 7, 2014

Vuuk

Missing an apostrophe. Should be "vu'uk."

by GallantBlade475
July 7, 2014

Vuuk

paarthurnax
Administrator
July 7, 2014
GallantBlade475

Vuuk

As mentioned earlier, not all words that use "uu" are transliterated with an apostrophe.

by paarthurnax
July 7, 2014
GallantBlade475

Vuuk

As mentioned earlier, not all words that use "uu" are transliterated with an apostrophe.

GallantBlade475
July 7, 2014

Taagul

Duplicates with "nokur"

by GallantBlade475
July 7, 2014

Taagul

Duplicates with "nokur"

paarthurnax
Administrator
July 7, 2014
GallantBlade475

Taagul

Duplicates with "nokur"

Thanks, removed taagul.

by paarthurnax
July 7, 2014
GallantBlade475

Taagul

Duplicates with "nokur"

Thanks, removed taagul.

hiith
July 8, 2014

Horvut

This is classified as a verb, yet the description says, "noun only"

by hiith
July 8, 2014

Horvut

paarthurnax
Administrator
July 8, 2014
hiith

Horvut

Whoops, fixed.

by paarthurnax
July 8, 2014
hiith

Horvut

Whoops, fixed.

hiith
July 9, 2014

Wooq

perhaps this could be better as "wook". Or something. I don't know.

by hiith
July 9, 2014

Wooq

paarthurnax
Administrator
July 9, 2014
hiith

Wooq

It would be much better as wook, yes. I think there could probably be a semi-canon alternative to it too. Any ideas?

by paarthurnax
July 9, 2014
hiith

Wooq

It would be much better as wook, yes. I think there could probably be a semi-canon alternative to it too. Any ideas?

hiith
July 9, 2014
paarthurnax

I think there could probably be a semi-canon alternative to it too. Any ideas?

I honestly don't see it being semi-canon. And I feel like it could do well being its own non-canon thing. I don't have a problem with non-canon, and to try to make it more canon could make it confusing or technical. I say we keep it as "wook", and I feel that it is simpler. Whatever you want, though.

by hiith
July 9, 2014
paarthurnax

I honestly don't see it being semi-canon. And I feel like it could do well being its own non-canon thing. I don't have a problem with non-canon, and to try to make it more canon could make it confusing or technical. I say we keep it as "wook", and I feel that it is simpler. Whatever you want, though.

paarthurnax
Administrator
July 9, 2014
hiith
paarthurnax

That's fine, wook will work.

by paarthurnax
July 9, 2014
hiith
paarthurnax

That's fine, wook will work.

Aaliizah
July 9, 2014
paarthurnax
Aaliizah

Jun

"Jun" also means light. Paarthurnax says "Pogaan nahlaas, vokrii wah jun". In the dialogue file, this translates to "many alive, restored to (the) light". I always thought of this as the primary meaning for the dov, and that they thought of their kings as the "guiding light".

This is an interesting one, I actually believe this to be a typo of kun. Note that "J" and "K" are adjacent on the keyboard, and  the word vokun "shadow" most likely means "un-light." Typos aren't unheard of in the dialogue. In any case I'll add it for completeness's sake, but kun should probably be used over jun to mean "light."

Interesting! Good to know. Thank you.

Wouldn't that make kun canon, then? I just looked it up and saw that it was listed as semi-canon.

by Aaliizah
July 9, 2014
paarthurnax
Aaliizah

Jun

"Jun" also means light. Paarthurnax says "Pogaan nahlaas, vokrii wah jun". In the dialogue file, this translates to "many alive, restored to (the) light". I always thought of this as the primary meaning for the dov, and that they thought of their kings as the "guiding light".

This is an interesting one, I actually believe this to be a typo of kun. Note that "J" and "K" are adjacent on the keyboard, and  the word vokun "shadow" most likely means "un-light." Typos aren't unheard of in the dialogue. In any case I'll add it for completeness's sake, but kun should probably be used over jun to mean "light."

Interesting! Good to know. Thank you.

Wouldn't that make kun canon, then? I just looked it up and saw that it was listed as semi-canon.

hiith
July 9, 2014
Aaliizah

No, actually. There's no account of "kun" being used in-game, nor is it refferenced in Prima Games Guide, but it is heavily implied. It's pretty much the closest to canon it can be, while not being canon.

by hiith
July 9, 2014
Aaliizah

No, actually. There's no account of "kun" being used in-game, nor is it refferenced in Prima Games Guide, but it is heavily implied. It's pretty much the closest to canon it can be, while not being canon.

Mirkrilaar
July 10, 2014

Vensedren

Synonym: Demeanor

by Mirkrilaar
July 10, 2014

Vensedren

Synonym: Demeanor

<<  <  1  2  3  ...  23  24  25  26  27  100  101  102  103 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.