July 11, 2014
hiith

Pahsu

synonym: surety

Added.

Mirkrilaar
July 11, 2014

Kunt

I think this might need changed to something else due to...obvious reasons. Just saying.

by Mirkrilaar
July 11, 2014

Kunt

I think this might need changed to something else due to...obvious reasons. Just saying.

paarthurnax
Administrator
July 11, 2014
Mirkrilaar

Kunt

Ah, this has been brought up before. It follows the same pattern as kren "to break" to krent "broken." Also pronounced differently, with a long "u." 

Anyway, I did change it to kunz.

by paarthurnax
July 11, 2014
Mirkrilaar

Kunt

Ah, this has been brought up before. It follows the same pattern as kren "to break" to krent "broken." Also pronounced differently, with a long "u." 

Anyway, I did change it to kunz.

perrydrums
July 13, 2014

Egiis

'Slank' is Dutch for Slender, I saw there wasnt a Dutch translation for it, probably for more words, I could translate some if u like?

by perrydrums
July 13, 2014

Egiis

'Slank' is Dutch for Slender, I saw there wasnt a Dutch translation for it, probably for more words, I could translate some if u like?

Mahlaansaviik
July 14, 2014

Olqeinaas

There's a typo, there's a 'K' where an 'L' should be in its English translation.

by Mahlaansaviik
July 14, 2014

Olqeinaas

There's a typo, there's a 'K' where an 'L' should be in its English translation.

paarthurnax
Administrator
July 14, 2014
Mahlaansaviik

Olqeinaas

Thanks! Fixed.

by paarthurnax
July 14, 2014
Mahlaansaviik

Olqeinaas

Thanks! Fixed.

Ahmuldein
July 14, 2014

-kei

The word 'morokei', 'glorious' is canon if I am not mistaken. Wouldn't that make this suffix canon? If I am correct, that is.

by Ahmuldein
July 14, 2014

-kei

The word 'morokei', 'glorious' is canon if I am not mistaken. Wouldn't that make this suffix canon? If I am correct, that is.

paarthurnax
Administrator
July 14, 2014
Ahmuldein

-kei

Yup, it is used in the canon morokei. The reason it's semi-canon is because -kei is conjecture based on canon, its meaning isn't stated in the game guide or other related material. This is true for most of the prefixes and suffixes found in canon.

by paarthurnax
July 14, 2014
Ahmuldein

-kei

Yup, it is used in the canon morokei. The reason it's semi-canon is because -kei is conjecture based on canon, its meaning isn't stated in the game guide or other related material. This is true for most of the prefixes and suffixes found in canon.

hiith
July 15, 2014

Tuum

This is deleted, yet it is still referenced in the contributor's manual (in the Semi-Canon Canon Level section). Also, what do we do about tuum, it being on the banners in High Hrothgar? Those banners are a great puzzle to me.

by hiith
July 15, 2014

Tuum

This is deleted, yet it is still referenced in the contributor's manual (in the Semi-Canon Canon Level section). Also, what do we do about tuum, it being on the banners in High Hrothgar? Those banners are a great puzzle to me.

paarthurnax
Administrator
July 15, 2014
hiith

Tuum

The banners read "Lok Bo" and "Thuum Tuum," most likely a translation of the phrase "Sky Above, Voice Within." You might often hear Paarthurnax say a shorthand version, Lok, Thu'um. It's quite visibly far from being a one to one translation. I strongly believe tuum a typo of tum, "down." If we do add tuum back, I'd prefer to list it as an alternate spelling of tum rather than a hypothetical word for "within" (canon kosil means this anyhow).

by paarthurnax
July 15, 2014
hiith

Tuum

The banners read "Lok Bo" and "Thuum Tuum," most likely a translation of the phrase "Sky Above, Voice Within." You might often hear Paarthurnax say a shorthand version, Lok, Thu'um. It's quite visibly far from being a one to one translation. I strongly believe tuum a typo of tum, "down." If we do add tuum back, I'd prefer to list it as an alternate spelling of tum rather than a hypothetical word for "within" (canon kosil means this anyhow).

hiith
July 16, 2014
paarthurnax
hiith

Tuum

Yes, I thought about all of this. While I also do prefer it being recognized as an possible alternate translation of "tum", I'm finding it hard to make sense of "thu'um tum".

by hiith
July 16, 2014
paarthurnax
hiith

Tuum

Yes, I thought about all of this. While I also do prefer it being recognized as an possible alternate translation of "tum", I'm finding it hard to make sense of "thu'um tum".

<<  <  1  2  3  ...  24  25  26  27  28  100  101  102  103 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.