A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Word Revision Thread

<<  <  1  2  3  ...  31  32  33  34  35  100  101  102  103 > >>  

Mirkrilaar
August 17, 2014

Geivah

Could "aim" be a synonym? Like "Zu'u geivah", "I point/aim", like a bow and arrow at someone.

by Mirkrilaar
August 17, 2014

Geivah

Could "aim" be a synonym? Like "Zu'u geivah", "I point/aim", like a bow and arrow at someone.

paarthurnax
Administrator
August 17, 2014
Mirkrilaar

Geivah

Sure, added "aim."

by paarthurnax
August 17, 2014
Mirkrilaar

Geivah

Sure, added "aim."

Mirkrilaar
August 17, 2014

Tikaar

Could this be changed to "Tikus" and an adjective since the english definition has "-us"? The word info could be changed to say it can also be an adverb.

by Mirkrilaar
August 17, 2014

Tikaar

Could this be changed to "Tikus" and an adjective since the english definition has "-us"? The word info could be changed to say it can also be an adverb.

paarthurnax
Administrator
August 17, 2014
Mirkrilaar

Tikaar

Changed, this was from way back when -gaar was a suffix.

by paarthurnax
August 17, 2014
Mirkrilaar

Tikaar

Changed, this was from way back when -gaar was a suffix.

Rokfentjer
August 19, 2014

Funrahiik

Suggest to extend definition to include 'Apostle'.

by Rokfentjer
August 19, 2014

Funrahiik

Suggest to extend definition to include 'Apostle'.

Rokfentjer
August 19, 2014

Vokriind

Extend meaning to encompass 'resurrection'.

by Rokfentjer
August 19, 2014

Vokriind

Extend meaning to encompass 'resurrection'.

hiith
August 19, 2014

I agree with both of the above.

by hiith
August 19, 2014

I agree with both of the above.

paarthurnax
Administrator
August 19, 2014

Done and done.

by paarthurnax
August 19, 2014

Done and done.

Rokfentjer
August 19, 2014

Nox.

by Rokfentjer
August 19, 2014

Nox.

hiith
August 19, 2014

Shon

"Dremsil" could encompass this meaning

by hiith
August 19, 2014

Shon

paarthurnax
Administrator
August 19, 2014
hiith

Shon

I'll add "nice" to dremsil but they are different senses of "nice." Shon is more broad, meaning closer to "pleasant" than "kind." I'd suggest maybe instead having genazaal encompass this, or keep shon as a synonym. I think having a one syllable word for it is nice.

by paarthurnax
August 19, 2014
hiith

Shon

I'll add "nice" to dremsil but they are different senses of "nice." Shon is more broad, meaning closer to "pleasant" than "kind." I'd suggest maybe instead having genazaal encompass this, or keep shon as a synonym. I think having a one syllable word for it is nice.

hiith
August 19, 2014

Hmm. I didn't think of it like that. Keeping "shon" would be cool, then.

by hiith
August 19, 2014

Hmm. I didn't think of it like that. Keeping "shon" would be cool, then.

Ahmuldein
August 19, 2014

-aan / -laan

In the notes Mindokaan needs to be changed to Mindoraan.....i think...

by Ahmuldein
August 19, 2014

-aan / -laan

In the notes Mindokaan needs to be changed to Mindoraan.....i think...

Ahmuldein
August 19, 2014

-maar

Another correction, this suffix isnt used as said in Geinmaar or Nimaar, In this situation -maar means -ship as in Fahdonmaar. The maar in geinmaar is its own word meaning Self translating into 'oneself' (gein meaning one).

by Ahmuldein
August 19, 2014

-maar

Another correction, this suffix isnt used as said in Geinmaar or Nimaar, In this situation -maar means -ship as in Fahdonmaar. The maar in geinmaar is its own word meaning Self translating into 'oneself' (gein meaning one).

Ahmuldein
August 19, 2014

-dein / -ein

I see absolutely no purpose in this word...there is already a word for -ship that is....i believe canon....fahdonmaar i am 99%sure is canon so any other word i cant imagine the use of...

by Ahmuldein
August 19, 2014

-dein / -ein

I see absolutely no purpose in this word...there is already a word for -ship that is....i believe canon....fahdonmaar i am 99%sure is canon so any other word i cant imagine the use of...

<<  <  1  2  3  ...  31  32  33  34  35  100  101  102  103 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.