Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Word Revision Thread

<<  <  1  2  3  ...  33  34  35  36  37  100  101  102  103 > >>  

hiith
August 27, 2014

The thing is, most of the letters are an actual word, so much so that I feel like it could complicate things and it just feels messy to me. But it isn't a necessity that it changes. It's more of just something that was on my mind.

by hiith
August 27, 2014

The thing is, most of the letters are an actual word, so much so that I feel like it could complicate things and it just feels messy to me. But it isn't a necessity that it changes. It's more of just something that was on my mind.

hiith
August 28, 2014

Lufeykro

There's a period in the definition

by hiith
August 28, 2014

Lufeykro

There's a period in the definition

hiith
August 28, 2014

Gradolv

The "lv" seems a bit too not-dragonlike.

by hiith
August 28, 2014

Gradolv

The "lv" seems a bit too not-dragonlike.

hiith
August 28, 2014

Alt

"Gral" could encompass this

by hiith
August 28, 2014

Alt

"Gral" could encompass this

hiith
August 28, 2014

Golahzgal

the "ahzg" bit seems a bit too much, maybe?

by hiith
August 28, 2014

Golahzgal

Foduiiz
August 28, 2014
hiith

Golahzgal

Don't add the /x/ to the "ah" and it's basically only two consonants. That said, maybe "Golaazgal" or "Golazgal" would still be better. 

by Foduiiz
August 28, 2014
hiith

Golahzgal

Don't add the /x/ to the "ah" and it's basically only two consonants. That said, maybe "Golaazgal" or "Golazgal" would still be better. 

paarthurnax
Administrator
August 28, 2014

@Lufeykro, edited definition. Also removed some inaccurate notes.

@Gradolv, agreed, edited this to gradol.

@Altdeleted this in favor of gral.

@Golahzgal, I am really unsure as to what this word was meant to derive from, since there were no accompanying notes. I decided to delete the word - feel free to come up with a new word for "earthquake."

by paarthurnax
August 28, 2014

@Lufeykro, edited definition. Also removed some inaccurate notes.

@Gradolv, agreed, edited this to gradol.

@Altdeleted this in favor of gral.

@Golahzgal, I am really unsure as to what this word was meant to derive from, since there were no accompanying notes. I decided to delete the word - feel free to come up with a new word for "earthquake."

hiith
August 28, 2014

See what we did‽ now the print dictionary is out of date!

by hiith
August 28, 2014

See what we did‽ now the print dictionary is out of date!

Ahmuldein
August 31, 2014

Oradgah

I just simply....well....have never liked this word.....I hate it as a matter of fact, anyway i hate it because it has the entire spelling of organ but missing the 'a' Maybe we should change it? I dont quite know what to but it is too similar to the word it is translated into. Just a suggestion

by Ahmuldein
August 31, 2014

Oradgah

I just simply....well....have never liked this word.....I hate it as a matter of fact, anyway i hate it because it has the entire spelling of organ but missing the 'a' Maybe we should change it? I dont quite know what to but it is too similar to the word it is translated into. Just a suggestion

paarthurnax
Administrator
August 31, 2014
Ahmuldein

Oradgah

Agreed, it doesn't sound good. I've deleted it for now - if anyone wants to come up with a better alternative, go ahead.

by paarthurnax
August 31, 2014
Ahmuldein

Oradgah

Agreed, it doesn't sound good. I've deleted it for now - if anyone wants to come up with a better alternative, go ahead.

Mulhahlor
September 2, 2014

Razaan

Should add "beat" and "tempo" to the meaning.

by Mulhahlor
September 2, 2014

Razaan

Should add "beat" and "tempo" to the meaning.

Mulhahlor
September 4, 2014

Lun

Could add the noun as well.

by Mulhahlor
September 4, 2014

Lun

Could add the noun as well.

hiith
September 4, 2014

Thun

synonym: statute

by hiith
September 4, 2014

Thun

synonym: statute

hiith
September 4, 2014

Vo-Aavlaas

is the hyphenation necessary?

by hiith
September 4, 2014

Vo-Aavlaas

is the hyphenation necessary?

paarthurnax
Administrator
September 4, 2014

@Razaan, added "beat" and "tempo."

@Thun, this is a very general word, which would be used in the sense of "My word is law," or "You've violated the law." I think the word zothunrot is a better fit for "statute," meaning "decree" or a specific law.

@Vo-Aavlaas, somewhat, voaavlaas would be untypical. Think of it more as a hyphenated compound of the words vo "undo" and aavlaas "marriage" than aavlaas with the prefix vo. Otherwise, I'm not totally opposed to making it voaavlaas, or something like vohavlaas.

by paarthurnax
September 4, 2014

@Razaan, added "beat" and "tempo."

@Thun, this is a very general word, which would be used in the sense of "My word is law," or "You've violated the law." I think the word zothunrot is a better fit for "statute," meaning "decree" or a specific law.

@Vo-Aavlaas, somewhat, voaavlaas would be untypical. Think of it more as a hyphenated compound of the words vo "undo" and aavlaas "marriage" than aavlaas with the prefix vo. Otherwise, I'm not totally opposed to making it voaavlaas, or something like vohavlaas.

<<  <  1  2  3  ...  33  34  35  36  37  100  101  102  103 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.