Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Word Revision Thread

<<  <  1  2  3  ...  71  72  73  74  75  100  101  102  103 > >>  

paarthurnax
Administrator
April 16, 2015

Zahr

This was edited from "Zaar," but should be edited to avoid "ah" in the middle of the word. It could possibly be deleted in favor of the canon "Jot," "maw."

by paarthurnax
April 16, 2015

Zahr

This was edited from "Zaar," but should be edited to avoid "ah" in the middle of the word. It could possibly be deleted in favor of the canon "Jot," "maw."

paarthurnax
Administrator
April 16, 2015

Zahk

This word should likewise be edited. The notes mention it derives from "Zahkrii," but that comes from "Krii," so "Zahk" would not make sense as a derivation.

by paarthurnax
April 16, 2015

Zahk

This word should likewise be edited. The notes mention it derives from "Zahkrii," but that comes from "Krii," so "Zahk" would not make sense as a derivation.

Liis
Administrator
April 16, 2015

@Zahr, I believe there should be separate words for mouth and jaw, just like there are the separate words for engulf and cover. Or head and brain. Maybe the word for mouth (or jaw) could derive from Jot.

by Liis
April 16, 2015

@Zahr, I believe there should be separate words for mouth and jaw, just like there are the separate words for engulf and cover. Or head and brain. Maybe the word for mouth (or jaw) could derive from Jot.

Liis
Administrator
April 16, 2015

@Zahk, Perhaps a derivative from the word Zeik or the canon word Kinzon. A compound idea is Klovzeik. Lit. "Head spike". Or an original word itself.

by Liis
April 16, 2015

@Zahk, Perhaps a derivative from the word Zeik or the canon word Kinzon. A compound idea is Klovzeik. Lit. "Head spike". Or an original word itself.

paarthurnax
Administrator
April 16, 2015
Liis

Tinvaakin

Request change to tinvakiid for consistency.

-in is another possible suffix, as seen in qahnaarin "vanquisher." Alternatively could be interpreted as "vanquish-master" or "speech-master."

by paarthurnax
April 16, 2015
Liis

Tinvaakin

Request change to tinvakiid for consistency.

-in is another possible suffix, as seen in qahnaarin "vanquisher." Alternatively could be interpreted as "vanquish-master" or "speech-master."

Liis
Administrator
April 16, 2015

@paarthurnax Should we add -in to the affix list?

by Liis
April 16, 2015

paarthurnax
Administrator
April 16, 2015
Liis

Yes, I think that'd be a good idea.

by paarthurnax
April 16, 2015
Liis

Yes, I think that'd be a good idea.

Liis
Administrator
April 20, 2015

@paarthurnax, as a reminder, -in still needs to be added to the affix list.

by Liis
April 20, 2015

@paarthurnax, as a reminder, -in still needs to be added to the affix list.

Liis
Administrator
April 20, 2015

Doj

In need of desperate revision in my opinion.

by Liis
April 20, 2015

Doj

In need of desperate revision in my opinion.

Liis
Administrator
April 20, 2015

Mindokziin

Mindokziik*

by Liis
April 20, 2015

Mindokziin

Mindokziik*

Liis
Administrator
April 20, 2015

Hein

I suggest another word for the alternate spelling Heim to match the alternate spelling of "Him" from "Hin".

by Liis
April 20, 2015

Hein

I suggest another word for the alternate spelling Heim to match the alternate spelling of "Him" from "Hin".

paarthurnax
Administrator
April 20, 2015

@Doj, much much agreed. Feel free to name any suggestions.

@Mindokziin, edited to mindok-sik.

@Hein, if we establish a rule for when him and heim should be used, then we can use this. For now, him is attributed to a spelling mistake, so it wouldn't make sense to create heim.

by paarthurnax
April 20, 2015

@Doj, much much agreed. Feel free to name any suggestions.

@Mindokziin, edited to mindok-sik.

@Hein, if we establish a rule for when him and heim should be used, then we can use this. For now, him is attributed to a spelling mistake, so it wouldn't make sense to create heim.

Liis
Administrator
April 20, 2015

Tinviis

This is my word. It appears there's already a word "Tinviis" meaning Accent.

by Liis
April 20, 2015

Tinviis

paarthurnax
Administrator
April 20, 2015
Liis

Tinviis

This is my bad, I didn't check before publishing. Perhaps an alternative based on rot "word"?

by paarthurnax
April 20, 2015
Liis

Tinviis

This is my bad, I didn't check before publishing. Perhaps an alternative based on rot "word"?

Liis
Administrator
April 20, 2015

@Tinviis, Perhaps Tinviir or Tinviik? If not, maybe "Ofanrot" Lit. "Give word". I actually like the sheer sound of Ofanrot.

by Liis
April 20, 2015

@Tinviis, Perhaps Tinviir or Tinviik? If not, maybe "Ofanrot" Lit. "Give word". I actually like the sheer sound of Ofanrot.

<<  <  1  2  3  ...  71  72  73  74  75  100  101  102  103 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.