by Liis
April 23, 2015

Avoktum

Is this terribly necessary?

Liis
Administrator
April 24, 2015

Geivah

Request for deletion in favour of the semi-canon word Mor.

by Liis
April 24, 2015

Geivah

Request for deletion in favour of the semi-canon word Mor.

Dezonikso
April 24, 2015

Ahkrinaal

Add "courageous" to translation?

by Dezonikso
April 24, 2015

Ahkrinaal

Liis
Administrator
April 24, 2015

@Vriilomdren,

See Krin

by Liis
April 24, 2015

@Vriilomdren,

See Krin

paarthurnax
Administrator
April 25, 2015
Vriilomdren

Ahkrinaal

Vriilomdren isn't wrong though, "courageous" is as literal a translation as you can get for ahkrinaal. I would say either add "courageous" to the definition or delete it and come up with a separate word for "gallant" that doesn't step on the toes of krin.

by paarthurnax
April 25, 2015
Vriilomdren

Ahkrinaal

Vriilomdren isn't wrong though, "courageous" is as literal a translation as you can get for ahkrinaal. I would say either add "courageous" to the definition or delete it and come up with a separate word for "gallant" that doesn't step on the toes of krin.

paarthurnax
Administrator
April 25, 2015

@Geivah, deleted.

@Avoktum, necessary? No. Unique and functional? Yes.

by paarthurnax
April 25, 2015

@Geivah, deleted.

@Avoktum, necessary? No. Unique and functional? Yes.

paarthurnax
Administrator
April 25, 2015

Mukaronahs

This word needs revision, either a spelling change to "Mukaronaas," or something else entirely.

by paarthurnax
April 25, 2015

Mukaronahs

This word needs revision, either a spelling change to "Mukaronaas," or something else entirely.

paarthurnax
Administrator
April 25, 2015

Mind

I'm not entirely comfortable with an invented word being a root of a number of canon words. In addition, "teach" doesn't make sense as a root for words like "Mindoraan," "to understand," or "Mindol," "to trick." I'd prefer this be changed to some variation of "Mindok" rather than be its root.

by paarthurnax
April 25, 2015

Mind

I'm not entirely comfortable with an invented word being a root of a number of canon words. In addition, "teach" doesn't make sense as a root for words like "Mindoraan," "to understand," or "Mindol," "to trick." I'd prefer this be changed to some variation of "Mindok" rather than be its root.

paarthurnax
Administrator
April 25, 2015

Lask

I am not entirely satisfied with this word. I'd suggest an alternative such as "Leyt" or "Laast."

by paarthurnax
April 25, 2015

Lask

I am not entirely satisfied with this word. I'd suggest an alternative such as "Leyt" or "Laast."

Liis
Administrator
April 25, 2015

Suffix -um/-num for -illion numbers.

Change Million, Billion, Trillion to Geinum, Ziinum, Sednum.
by Liis
April 25, 2015

Suffix -um/-num for -illion numbers.

Change Million, Billion, Trillion to Geinum, Ziinum, Sednum.

paarthurnax
Administrator
April 27, 2015

Froiim

I think this word could use revision. Even just adding a consonant in between, "Froliim" or "Frodiim".

by paarthurnax
April 27, 2015

Froiim

I think this word could use revision. Even just adding a consonant in between, "Froliim" or "Frodiim".

Liis
Administrator
April 27, 2015

@Froiim,

I like Froliim.

by Liis
April 27, 2015

@Froiim,

I like Froliim.

paarthurnax
Administrator
April 27, 2015

A few recent changes:

• Kahl "authority" has been deleted, in favor of the canon words suleyk "power," mulaag "strength," and thur "overlordship."
  • Doj "to learn" has changed to mindos (from mindok "to know")
  • Mind "to teach" has changed to mindov, as "to teach" does not make sense as a root for the various mindo- words.
by paarthurnax
April 27, 2015

A few recent changes:

• Kahl "authority" has been deleted, in favor of the canon words suleyk "power," mulaag "strength," and thur "overlordship."
  • Doj "to learn" has changed to mindos (from mindok "to know")
  • Mind "to teach" has changed to mindov, as "to teach" does not make sense as a root for the various mindo- words.

paarthurnax
Administrator
April 27, 2015

The word mindopah "teacher" has also been changed to mindovin to reflect the above changes.

by paarthurnax
April 27, 2015

The word mindopah "teacher" has also been changed to mindovin to reflect the above changes.

Liis
Administrator
April 28, 2015

Mindovin

Word Notes needs one more quotation mark.

by Liis
April 28, 2015

Mindovin

Word Notes needs one more quotation mark.

<<  <  1  2  3  ...  73  74  75  76  77  100  101  102  103 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.