Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Bone Hunt

<<  <  1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  73  74  75  76 > >>  

Loniizrath
October 16, 2014

Perlos arrives at the crypt. It's nearing nighttime now.

"All right Mirkrilaar, we're close to the bone. Can you tell me anything about this place?"

by Loniizrath
October 16, 2014

"All right Mirkrilaar, we're close to the bone. Can you tell me anything about this place?"

Mirkrilaar
October 16, 2014
Toxikyle

"It is the Alik'r. I do not know much about this land. Unslaad krosis."

by Mirkrilaar
October 16, 2014
Toxikyle

"It is the Alik'r. I do not know much about this land. Unslaad krosis."

DovahKiinZaan
October 16, 2014
Toxikyle

"I am Dinok and ibsense we have similar goals. watch for the shades, and the spiders and you'll be fine"

by DovahKiinZaan
October 16, 2014
Toxikyle

"I am Dinok and ibsense we have similar goals. watch for the shades, and the spiders and you'll be fine"

Loniizrath
October 16, 2014
DovahKiinZaan
Toxikyle

(Perlos is in Hammerfell, talking to a claw. He's a good 500+ kilometers from you)

by Loniizrath
October 16, 2014
DovahKiinZaan
Toxikyle

(Perlos is in Hammerfell, talking to a claw. He's a good 500+ kilometers from you)

DovahKiinZaan
October 16, 2014

I have a connection with mirk, if you talk to him I know

by DovahKiinZaan
October 16, 2014

Loniizrath
October 16, 2014
DovahKiinZaan

As if your character wasn't godmodding enough...

by Loniizrath
October 16, 2014
DovahKiinZaan

As if your character wasn't godmodding enough...

Mirkrilaar
October 16, 2014

(DovahKiinZaan is a dragon preist. He has an instant connection to the dov. You are a mortal with a real dragon claw as a necklace. I can channel my energy through that and communicate.)

by Mirkrilaar
October 16, 2014

(DovahKiinZaan is a dragon preist. He has an instant connection to the dov. You are a mortal with a real dragon claw as a necklace. I can channel my energy through that and communicate.)

Loniizrath
October 16, 2014
Mirkrilaar

(That doesn't excuse him. If anything, it makes the problem worse. I don't really have a problem that he has telepathic connections with all the bones. It's pretty unique and believable for the most part. The problem is that he has unrealistic power. Dragon Priests are powerful, but their limits are established within the canon, and in an RP, those limits should be respected. No priest can teleport across the sea, no priest can knock down a door with Unrelenting Force, and no priest can summon a chest from thin air. He's collected, what, four bones before anyone else has one? All this, in combination with the whole telepathy thing, is both Godmodding and Metagaming, violations of two unspoken rules of RP.)

(I'll post rules on the OP. This has gone far enough. DovahKiinZaan, if you read this, tone down your character's power, or I'll have to intervene further. Consider this your warning.)

by Loniizrath
October 16, 2014
Mirkrilaar

(That doesn't excuse him. If anything, it makes the problem worse. I don't really have a problem that he has telepathic connections with all the bones. It's pretty unique and believable for the most part. The problem is that he has unrealistic power. Dragon Priests are powerful, but their limits are established within the canon, and in an RP, those limits should be respected. No priest can teleport across the sea, no priest can knock down a door with Unrelenting Force, and no priest can summon a chest from thin air. He's collected, what, four bones before anyone else has one? All this, in combination with the whole telepathy thing, is both Godmodding and Metagaming, violations of two unspoken rules of RP.)

(I'll post rules on the OP. This has gone far enough. DovahKiinZaan, if you read this, tone down your character's power, or I'll have to intervene further. Consider this your warning.)

Mirkrilaar
October 16, 2014
Toxikyle
Mirkrilaar

Techniqually, you cannot do anything to him. Only I can! But I do recommend toning your suleyk down a bit DovahKiinZaan. I have encountered someone like this who wanted the RP to go his way, regardless of what my character did. He did something that I like to call 'overwrite'. Next time there are attacks, I will be a neutral party (Like with Oblivion Walkers). I will flip a coin for every attack if its effective. That way it is fair for all of us and we can all have fun!

by Mirkrilaar
October 16, 2014
Toxikyle
Mirkrilaar

Techniqually, you cannot do anything to him. Only I can! But I do recommend toning your suleyk down a bit DovahKiinZaan. I have encountered someone like this who wanted the RP to go his way, regardless of what my character did. He did something that I like to call 'overwrite'. Next time there are attacks, I will be a neutral party (Like with Oblivion Walkers). I will flip a coin for every attack if its effective. That way it is fair for all of us and we can all have fun!

Loniizrath
October 16, 2014
Mirkrilaar
Toxikyle
Mirkrilaar

1. I'm the OP. This is my turf. By RPing standards, I own this thread, and its content.

2. Maybe a d6 or d20 instead of a coin. Gives us better odds than 50/50.

by Loniizrath
October 16, 2014
Mirkrilaar
Toxikyle
Mirkrilaar

1. I'm the OP. This is my turf. By RPing standards, I own this thread, and its content.

2. Maybe a d6 or d20 instead of a coin. Gives us better odds than 50/50.

Mirkrilaar
October 16, 2014

Whatever is fair. And good point btw. This is YOUR thread.

by Mirkrilaar
October 16, 2014

Loniizrath
October 16, 2014
Mirkrilaar

I'm just saying, in traditional multi RP, the person who started the RP is the one who moderates it.

by Loniizrath
October 16, 2014
Mirkrilaar

I'm just saying, in traditional multi RP, the person who started the RP is the one who moderates it.

Mirkrilaar
October 16, 2014
Toxikyle
Mirkrilaar

Fair enough. I'll give you authority here then.

by Mirkrilaar
October 16, 2014
Toxikyle
Mirkrilaar

Fair enough. I'll give you authority here then.

Loniizrath
October 16, 2014

That said, in traditional multi RP, you would all be required to post a character app on a seperate OOC thread, there would likely also be an archive thread, the RP would either be marked open, semi open, semi closed, or closed, there would be a word count, the RP would also be marked as freeform or onrails, and there would be a lot more rules. I'm not going to force all these formalities on you guys, but there should at least be a semblance of order here.

by Loniizrath
October 16, 2014

That said, in traditional multi RP, you would all be required to post a character app on a seperate OOC thread, there would likely also be an archive thread, the RP would either be marked open, semi open, semi closed, or closed, there would be a word count, the RP would also be marked as freeform or onrails, and there would be a lot more rules. I'm not going to force all these formalities on you guys, but there should at least be a semblance of order here.

DovahKiinZaan
October 17, 2014

Ok, I'll tone down

and it's not telepathY, I'm sure I read that dragon priests can communicate with Dragons, so if you was talking to the bone I wouldn't properly hear you, more sense you. 

Yeah, im toning down 

by DovahKiinZaan
October 17, 2014

Ok, I'll tone down

and it's not telepathY, I'm sure I read that dragon priests can communicate with Dragons, so if you was talking to the bone I wouldn't properly hear you, more sense you. 

Yeah, im toning down 

<<  <  1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  73  74  75  76 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.