Gonsul*

by Liis
July 30, 2015

Gonahsul

Gonsul*

Frinmulaar
July 31, 2015

Vostavek

Unless this is intended to mean "take away a spell", the translation should probably be "dispel" with one L. And if it isn't, then the derivation is odd. In that case, something from dah might work, or feim if used metaphorically.

by Frinmulaar
July 31, 2015

Vostavek

Unless this is intended to mean "take away a spell", the translation should probably be "dispel" with one L. And if it isn't, then the derivation is odd. In that case, something from dah might work, or feim if used metaphorically.

paarthurnax
Administrator
July 31, 2015
Freymulaar

Vostavek

Thanks for the spelling correction. Vostavek does exclusively mean "to undo a spell," and wouldn't be used for the other metaphorical senses of the English word "dispel". Maybe there's a better translation than "dispel".

by paarthurnax
July 31, 2015
Freymulaar

Vostavek

Thanks for the spelling correction. Vostavek does exclusively mean "to undo a spell," and wouldn't be used for the other metaphorical senses of the English word "dispel". Maybe there's a better translation than "dispel".

paarthurnax
Administrator
July 31, 2015

Krolahk

I suggest changing this to "Krolaak" as "ah" shouldn't be used in the middle of a syllable if possible.

by paarthurnax
July 31, 2015

Krolahk

I suggest changing this to "Krolaak" as "ah" shouldn't be used in the middle of a syllable if possible.

Liis
Administrator
July 31, 2015

@Krolahk,

Agreed, fixed.

by Liis
July 31, 2015

@Krolahk,

Agreed, fixed.

Liis
Administrator
July 31, 2015

Grolah

Add definition "Last"?

by Liis
July 31, 2015

Grolah

Add definition "Last"?

AshmoJotunThor
August 1, 2015

I don't know if this is the appropriate thread for this, but I noticed there is no Dovah word for ash. I looked for synonyms as well and nothing; cinder, charcoal, dust, soot, slag. I've found nothing.

by AshmoJotunThor
August 1, 2015

I don't know if this is the appropriate thread for this, but I noticed there is no Dovah word for ash. I looked for synonyms as well and nothing; cinder, charcoal, dust, soot, slag. I've found nothing.

Liis
Administrator
August 1, 2015

@AshmoJotunThor,

See Kii

by Liis
August 1, 2015

@AshmoJotunThor,

See Kii

paarthurnax
Administrator
August 1, 2015

@Grolah, added "last" and "outlast."

by paarthurnax
August 1, 2015

@Grolah, added "last" and "outlast."

Liis
Administrator
August 1, 2015

Malkip

I propose that the definitions of this word and Eytik be switched.

by Liis
August 1, 2015

Malkip

I propose that the definitions of this word and Eytik be switched.

Liis
Administrator
August 1, 2015

Melaat

The word notes portray Laat incorrectly.

by Liis
August 1, 2015

Melaat

The word notes portray Laat incorrectly.

paarthurnax
Administrator
August 1, 2015

@Malkip, perhaps that would be malkipraan or "little-meal".

@Melaat, there are a number of canon adverbs that could potentially replace melaat, including fodrulahst, or ko.

by paarthurnax
August 1, 2015

@Malkip, perhaps that would be malkipraan or "little-meal".

@Melaat, there are a number of canon adverbs that could potentially replace melaat, including fodrulahst, or ko.

Liis
Administrator
August 1, 2015

@Melaat,

I agree with its deletion.

by Liis
August 1, 2015

@Melaat,

I agree with its deletion.

<<  <  1  2  3  ...  95  96  97  98  99  100  101  102  103 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.