A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Word Revision Thread

<<  <  1  2  3  ...  94  95  96  97  98  100  101  102  103 > >>  

scrptrx
July 28, 2015

Nok

I can't find reference (after quick search) to NOK used as "falsehood". Anyone remember where this is from?

by scrptrx
July 28, 2015

Nok

I can't find reference (after quick search) to NOK used as "falsehood". Anyone remember where this is from?

paarthurnax
Administrator
July 28, 2015
Brynja

Nok

It's in the Song of the Dragonborn:

Nuz aan sul, fent alok, fod fin vul dovah nok, fen kos nahlot mahfaeraak

But a day, shall arise, when the dark dragon's lies, will be silenced forever

by paarthurnax
July 28, 2015
Brynja

Nok

It's in the Song of the Dragonborn:

Nuz aan sul, fent alok, fod fin vul dovah nok, fen kos nahlot mahfaeraak

But a day, shall arise, when the dark dragon's lies, will be silenced forever

paarthurnax
Administrator
July 29, 2015

Volok

Given the Elder Scrolls cosmology, should this word exist? To my knowledge there isn't anything akin to a "hell" or "underworld," such that is is somehow "opposite" of the sky.

by paarthurnax
July 29, 2015

Volok

Given the Elder Scrolls cosmology, should this word exist? To my knowledge there isn't anything akin to a "hell" or "underworld," such that is is somehow "opposite" of the sky.

Liis
Administrator
July 29, 2015

@Volok,

I see your point. Perhaps make it Modern?

by Liis
July 29, 2015

@Volok,

I see your point. Perhaps make it Modern?

Ninniy
July 29, 2015

Waarth

I think you shouldn't have "amount" and "ratio" translate to the same word, as a ratio is comparing two amounts.

by Ninniy
July 29, 2015

Waarth

I think you shouldn't have "amount" and "ratio" translate to the same word, as a ratio is comparing two amounts.

paarthurnax
Administrator
July 29, 2015
Ninniy

Waarth

While distinct from our point of view, a dragon's understanding of arithmetic is likely more rudimentary. You can use wah "to/against" to indicate comparison. For example:

Fos waarth do grah-zeymahzin wah hokoron? "What is the amount/ratio of allies to enemies?"

by paarthurnax
July 29, 2015
Ninniy

Waarth

While distinct from our point of view, a dragon's understanding of arithmetic is likely more rudimentary. You can use wah "to/against" to indicate comparison. For example:

Fos waarth do grah-zeymahzin wah hokoron? "What is the amount/ratio of allies to enemies?"

Liis
Administrator
July 29, 2015

Kro

Sorcerer*

by Liis
July 29, 2015

Kro

Sorcerer*

paarthurnax
Administrator
July 29, 2015
Liis

Kro

Sorcerer*

Fixed! You can thank the Elder Scrolls Wiki for that one.

by paarthurnax
July 29, 2015
Liis

Kro

Sorcerer*

Fixed! You can thank the Elder Scrolls Wiki for that one.

Liis
Administrator
July 29, 2015

Tirah

Add definition "Foreigner"?

by Liis
July 29, 2015

Tirah

paarthurnax
Administrator
July 29, 2015
Liis

Tirah

Agreed, added "foreigner."

by paarthurnax
July 29, 2015
Liis

Tirah

Agreed, added "foreigner."

Liis
Administrator
July 29, 2015

Hahmoor

Is there a way this can be changed to avoid the compound of "mind fun"?

by Liis
July 29, 2015

Hahmoor

Maakrindah
July 30, 2015

This post has been deleted.

by Maakrindah
July 30, 2015

This post has been deleted.

paarthurnax
Administrator
July 30, 2015

Yuldkuz

I think the compound "gold-seize" would imply "plunder" or "robbery" rather than "tax". Tax is gold owed to one's lord. Given the dragons' penchant for domination and obedience, I think a word for "tax" would be more related to duty or fealty, rather than gold that is somehow "taken" or "seized".

by paarthurnax
July 30, 2015

Yuldkuz

I think the compound "gold-seize" would imply "plunder" or "robbery" rather than "tax". Tax is gold owed to one's lord. Given the dragons' penchant for domination and obedience, I think a word for "tax" would be more related to duty or fealty, rather than gold that is somehow "taken" or "seized".

paarthurnax
Administrator
July 30, 2015
Liis

Hahmoor

This is a bit abstract, but what about hahkoor, not literally "mind-summer," but more in the sense of "the weather or temperament of the mind"?

by paarthurnax
July 30, 2015
Liis

Hahmoor

This is a bit abstract, but what about hahkoor, not literally "mind-summer," but more in the sense of "the weather or temperament of the mind"?

paarthurnax
Administrator
July 30, 2015

Prodaz

Perhaps change to something from "Wundun" or "Rovaan" to avoid closeness with the unrelated word "Prodah," "to foretell."

by paarthurnax
July 30, 2015

Prodaz

Perhaps change to something from "Wundun" or "Rovaan" to avoid closeness with the unrelated word "Prodah," "to foretell."

<<  <  1  2  3  ...  94  95  96  97  98  100  101  102  103 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.