Buf

Synonym: Cattle

paarthurnax
Administrator
June 2, 2014
lorotonikaan

Buf

"Livestock" could refer to any kind of farm animal, rather than specifically "cattle."

by paarthurnax
June 2, 2014
lorotonikaan

Buf

"Livestock" could refer to any kind of farm animal, rather than specifically "cattle."

Ahmuldein
June 2, 2014

Wurskorn

I think bathtubs have been around for some time

by Ahmuldein
June 2, 2014

Wurskorn

paarthurnax
Administrator
June 2, 2014
Ahmuldovah

Wurskorn

I combined "Wursk" and "Wurskorn" into one non-canon word, which simply means "bath;" zu'u mos frin wursk "I like a hot bath," zu'u gejahr wursk "I'm filling the bath/bathtub."

by paarthurnax
June 2, 2014
Ahmuldovah

Wurskorn

I combined "Wursk" and "Wurskorn" into one non-canon word, which simply means "bath;" zu'u mos frin wursk "I like a hot bath," zu'u gejahr wursk "I'm filling the bath/bathtub."

hiith
June 2, 2014

Orbiis

synonyms: make amends, make recompense, compensate perhaps this could also be a noun meaning the nouns amends, recompense, compensation

by hiith
June 2, 2014

Orbiis

synonyms: make amends, make recompense, compensate perhaps this could also be a noun meaning the nouns amends, recompense, compensation

hiith
June 2, 2014

Vahraniik

synonyms: doctor, nurse, medic, therapist

by hiith
June 2, 2014

Vahraniik

synonyms: doctor, nurse, medic, therapist

paarthurnax
Administrator
June 2, 2014

In the case of orbiis, it's a word with a prefix, "re-pay," so that limits its meaning. I think a new, broader word might work better for "compsenate/recompense/compensation."

A very literal translation of vahraniik is "unwounder." Doctor, nurse, medic, and therapist could fit. The technical difficulty is they are all modern terms/synonyms while "healer" is the more "true" definition of vahraniik. I can mention in the definition that vahraniik can refer to any kind healer so you could use it to refer to a doctor, nurse, etc. if you wanted. But I think separate modern-canon words would be better that explicitly mean those things.

by paarthurnax
June 2, 2014

In the case of orbiis, it's a word with a prefix, "re-pay," so that limits its meaning. I think a new, broader word might work better for "compsenate/recompense/compensation."

A very literal translation of vahraniik is "unwounder." Doctor, nurse, medic, and therapist could fit. The technical difficulty is they are all modern terms/synonyms while "healer" is the more "true" definition of vahraniik. I can mention in the definition that vahraniik can refer to any kind healer so you could use it to refer to a doctor, nurse, etc. if you wanted. But I think separate modern-canon words would be better that explicitly mean those things.

hiith
June 2, 2014
paarthurnax

I can mention in the definition that vahraniik can refer to any kind healer so you could use it to refer to a doctor, nurse, etc. if you wanted. 

I beleive that this would be best.

by hiith
June 2, 2014
paarthurnax

I can mention in the definition that vahraniik can refer to any kind healer so you could use it to refer to a doctor, nurse, etc. if you wanted. 

I beleive that this would be best.

hiith
June 2, 2014

Tiful

"therefore" could just be another definition of "thuz", "thus"

by hiith
June 2, 2014

Tiful

paarthurnax
Administrator
June 2, 2014
hiith

Tiful

Alternatively, "thus" could be another definition of "Tiful." I'm thinking we combine them and delete one. Which do you think? I think I like "Tiful" better since it's derived from an actual phrase, where "Thuz" is more arbitrary.

by paarthurnax
June 2, 2014
hiith

Tiful

Alternatively, "thus" could be another definition of "Tiful." I'm thinking we combine them and delete one. Which do you think? I think I like "Tiful" better since it's derived from an actual phrase, where "Thuz" is more arbitrary.

hiith
June 2, 2014

Hasiiv

are you sure this is an adverb? Especially since "vohasiiv", its antonym, is an adjective?

by hiith
June 2, 2014

Hasiiv

are you sure this is an adverb? Especially since "vohasiiv", its antonym, is an adjective?

hiith
June 2, 2014
paarthurnax
hiith

Tiful

I'm fine with either one, but I favor "thuz" because it's shorter, which, well, isn't much of a reason

by hiith
June 2, 2014
paarthurnax
hiith

Tiful

I'm fine with either one, but I favor "thuz" because it's shorter, which, well, isn't much of a reason

paarthurnax
Administrator
June 2, 2014

Corrected "Hasiiv" to an adjective.

We'll use "Thuz," "Thuz" now means "thus/therefore."

by paarthurnax
June 2, 2014

Corrected "Hasiiv" to an adjective.

We'll use "Thuz," "Thuz" now means "thus/therefore."

<<  <  1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  100  101  102  103 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.