A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Word Revision Thread

<<  <  1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  100  101  102  103 > >>  

hiith
June 2, 2014

Bilbus

Shouldn't this be "bilus"? And the notes reference a "bolb" word for "bump", which doesn't exist

by hiith
June 2, 2014

Bilbus

Shouldn't this be "bilus"? And the notes reference a "bolb" word for "bump", which doesn't exist

hiith
June 2, 2014

Hezdremhah

should be modern (unless you think that the musicians (esp. lute players) in Skyrim had a concept of this, in which case "ahzidremhah" would be semi-canon or something)

by hiith
June 2, 2014

Hezdremhah

should be modern (unless you think that the musicians (esp. lute players) in Skyrim had a concept of this, in which case "ahzidremhah" would be semi-canon or something)

Ahmuldein
June 2, 2014

Change it to Semi Canon, in isn't modern. Musicians have been around for a LONG time

by Ahmuldein
June 2, 2014

Change it to Semi Canon, in isn't modern. Musicians have been around for a LONG time

Foduiiz
June 2, 2014
hiith

Hezdremhah

There are songs within Skyrim played in major - and minor, I think - so regardless of its existence in the real world at the era TES is set, it's in the game.

by Foduiiz
June 2, 2014
hiith

Hezdremhah

There are songs within Skyrim played in major - and minor, I think - so regardless of its existence in the real world at the era TES is set, it's in the game.

paarthurnax
Administrator
June 3, 2014

I fixed the notes of "Bilbus" to mention to correct word "Bil." It's a modified version of the suffix to make "Bilbus" rather than "Bilus," not for much reason other than the way it sounds.

The murky thing about musical terms is that we don't know what kind of musical notation The Elder Scrolls has, if any, or how developed their musical knowledge is. Music has existed for tens of thousands of years but these specific terms have only existed in the last thousand or so. Then it becomes a question of - would dragons innately have words for these? As far as we've seen dragons aren't a musically inclined culture, so my instict is no.

by paarthurnax
June 3, 2014

I fixed the notes of "Bilbus" to mention to correct word "Bil." It's a modified version of the suffix to make "Bilbus" rather than "Bilus," not for much reason other than the way it sounds.

The murky thing about musical terms is that we don't know what kind of musical notation The Elder Scrolls has, if any, or how developed their musical knowledge is. Music has existed for tens of thousands of years but these specific terms have only existed in the last thousand or so. Then it becomes a question of - would dragons innately have words for these? As far as we've seen dragons aren't a musically inclined culture, so my instict is no.

hiith
June 3, 2014

Duziir

synonym: rude

by hiith
June 3, 2014

Duziir

synonym: rude

Foduiiz
June 3, 2014

Nelom

Synonyms: Speed, rate, pace, tempo, momentum.

by Foduiiz
June 3, 2014

Nelom

Synonyms: Speed, rate, pace, tempo, momentum.

Foduiiz
June 3, 2014

Beznan

Synonym: Ellipse

by Foduiiz
June 3, 2014

Beznan

Synonym: Ellipse

hiith
June 3, 2014

Rez

could this also be an adjective?

by hiith
June 3, 2014

Rez

Foduiiz
June 3, 2014
hiith

Rez

Are you thinking 'petty'? That would be 'sahlag'.

by Foduiiz
June 3, 2014
hiith

Rez

Are you thinking 'petty'? That would be 'sahlag'.

paarthurnax
Administrator
June 3, 2014
hiith

Rez

As in "a pet raven?" I'm inclined to say only a noun. Maybe a separate word like rezusrezus ruvaak "a petly raven."

by paarthurnax
June 3, 2014
hiith

Rez

As in "a pet raven?" I'm inclined to say only a noun. Maybe a separate word like rezusrezus ruvaak "a petly raven."

Foduiiz
June 3, 2014

Premaal

Synonym: Forbearing. Maybe also tolerant, but that could root from 'tholah' somehow instead.

by Foduiiz
June 3, 2014

Premaal

Synonym: Forbearing. Maybe also tolerant, but that could root from 'tholah' somehow instead.

Foduiiz
June 3, 2014

Vahlad

Is this not rendered redundant by 'Inkoraav'?

by Foduiiz
June 3, 2014

Vahlad

Is this not rendered redundant by 'Inkoraav'?

Foduiiz
June 3, 2014

Inkoraav

Synonym: Administrate. This could then be the root word for 'administrator' and such.

by Foduiiz
June 3, 2014

Inkoraav

Synonym: Administrate. This could then be the root word for 'administrator' and such.

Foduiiz
June 3, 2014

Dojuk

Could this be a noun AND a verb?

by Foduiiz
June 3, 2014

Dojuk

Could this be a noun AND a verb?

<<  <  1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  100  101  102  103 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.