Synonym: Ditch

by Mirkrilaar
June 25, 2014

Nebeniit

Synonym: Ditch

paarthurnax
Administrator
June 25, 2014

There's a canon word for "diminish," liivrah.  Added "ditch" to nebeniit.

by paarthurnax
June 25, 2014

There's a canon word for "diminish," liivrah.  Added "ditch" to nebeniit.

Morovahdin
June 25, 2014

Hefrah

The description for this word has a "/" symbol in it.

by Morovahdin
June 25, 2014

Hefrah

paarthurnax
Administrator
June 26, 2014
Morovahdin

Hefrah

Thanks, fixed.

by paarthurnax
June 26, 2014
Morovahdin

Hefrah

Thanks, fixed.

hiith
June 27, 2014

Gloraak

Do we really need a word for this?

by hiith
June 27, 2014

Gloraak

Do we really need a word for this?

hiith
June 27, 2014

Koraaknu

Could be "rahnu"?

by hiith
June 27, 2014

Koraaknu

Could be "rahnu"?

hiith
June 27, 2014

Tursak

could be "getumah"?

by hiith
June 27, 2014

Tursak

could be "getumah"?

paarthurnax
Administrator
June 27, 2014

@Gloraak, you're right. no, given that dragons don't give birth.

@Koraaknu, that's actually what the submission was before I edited to koraaknu. I feel "beliefless" is truer to the meaning of "atheist" since the word "godless" implies being sinful or evil. What are your thoughts?

by paarthurnax
June 27, 2014

@Gloraak, you're right. no, given that dragons don't give birth.

@Koraaknu, that's actually what the submission was before I edited to koraaknu. I feel "beliefless" is truer to the meaning of "atheist" since the word "godless" implies being sinful or evil. What are your thoughts?

paarthurnax
Administrator
June 27, 2014
hiith

Tursak

could be "getumah"?

I ended up consolidating everything into tumah, so it's the verb "to collapse or crumble (dramatically)", and the noun "collapse / downfall." With this I removed "cataclysm" from its possible translations since that felt like the odd one out.

by paarthurnax
June 27, 2014
hiith

Tursak

could be "getumah"?

I ended up consolidating everything into tumah, so it's the verb "to collapse or crumble (dramatically)", and the noun "collapse / downfall." With this I removed "cataclysm" from its possible translations since that felt like the odd one out.

hiith
June 27, 2014
paarthurnax

I feel "beliefless" is truer to the meaning of "atheist" since the word "godless" implies being sinful or evil. What are your thoughts?

I think that "rahnu" should mean both. It could state that a person is without a god, or that one is evil & has left (a) god(s).

To say that someone is beliefless is like saying that they are easily swayed or never swayed at all (not thinking for theirself).

by hiith
June 27, 2014
paarthurnax

I feel "beliefless" is truer to the meaning of "atheist" since the word "godless" implies being sinful or evil. What are your thoughts?

I think that "rahnu" should mean both. It could state that a person is without a god, or that one is evil & has left (a) god(s).

To say that someone is beliefless is like saying that they are easily swayed or never swayed at all (not thinking for theirself).

paarthurnax
Administrator
June 27, 2014

Sure. Related question, do you suppose dragons would have a word for "atheist?" They don't seem to have anything that resembles religious beliefs (other than the Dragon Cult's relationship with them).

by paarthurnax
June 27, 2014

Sure. Related question, do you suppose dragons would have a word for "atheist?" They don't seem to have anything that resembles religious beliefs (other than the Dragon Cult's relationship with them).

hiith
June 27, 2014
paarthurnax

I believe so. They have stated a belief in Akatosh, and that they are the children of Akatosh. Any dragon or even humans that turns away from Akatosh would be considered godless.

by hiith
June 27, 2014
paarthurnax

I believe so. They have stated a belief in Akatosh, and that they are the children of Akatosh. Any dragon or even humans that turns away from Akatosh would be considered godless.

paarthurnax
Administrator
June 27, 2014
hiith
paarthurnax

Though, Akatosh factually exists. They don't just believe in him, he is their factual father. I think any such word would be closer related to disobedience (to dragonkind) than "lack of belief" or "godlessness."

by paarthurnax
June 27, 2014
hiith
paarthurnax

Though, Akatosh factually exists. They don't just believe in him, he is their factual father. I think any such word would be closer related to disobedience (to dragonkind) than "lack of belief" or "godlessness."

<<  <  1  2  3  ...  20  21  22  23  24  100  101  102  103 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.