June 30, 2014
hiith

Medonik

doesn't "onik" have a completely different meaning of "wise"? ni mindoraan

Changed this to medven, "in a like wind" or "in a like way."

Aloktaas Krein
July 1, 2014

Um

Got this e-mail awhile back from a native Icelander: "the word Um in icelandic doesn't mean "around" it means "about". Source i'm icelandic" To me, this is very embarassing! Hopefully my mistake will be fixed.

by Aloktaas Krein
July 1, 2014

Um

Got this e-mail awhile back from a native Icelander: "the word Um in icelandic doesn't mean "around" it means "about". Source i'm icelandic" To me, this is very embarassing! Hopefully my mistake will be fixed.

paarthurnax
Administrator
July 1, 2014
Aloktaas Krein

Um

Whoops! Well if it's any consolation, the German word "um" means "around." The canon word do already means "about" so I removed that part of the definition so now um just means "around."

by paarthurnax
July 1, 2014
Aloktaas Krein

Um

Whoops! Well if it's any consolation, the German word "um" means "around." The canon word do already means "about" so I removed that part of the definition so now um just means "around."

TRBagon
July 3, 2014

Qavolaan

Perhaps "sodomize" could also be included in this definition.

by TRBagon
July 3, 2014

Qavolaan

paarthurnax
Administrator
July 3, 2014
TRBagon

Qavolaan

While a synonym, I think "sodomize" is too specific for this particular word. "Qavolaan" is a more general word for basically any unwanted act of contact.

by paarthurnax
July 3, 2014
TRBagon

Qavolaan

While a synonym, I think "sodomize" is too specific for this particular word. "Qavolaan" is a more general word for basically any unwanted act of contact.

Foduiiz
July 3, 2014

Honuv

Typo in the description

by Foduiiz
July 3, 2014

Honuv

Typo in the description

paarthurnax
Administrator
July 3, 2014
Foduiiz

Honuv

Typo in the description

Thanks, fixed.

by paarthurnax
July 3, 2014
Foduiiz

Honuv

Typo in the description

Thanks, fixed.

Mirkrilaar
July 5, 2014

Prem

Would this be an adjective to describe someone as patient, or would it work both ways as a noun and adjective?

by Mirkrilaar
July 5, 2014

Prem

Would this be an adjective to describe someone as patient, or would it work both ways as a noun and adjective?

Foduiiz
July 5, 2014

Shulmah

I'm not sure who's fault this is, but the root word for shulmah should be "shul" not "muz"

by Foduiiz
July 5, 2014

Shulmah

I'm not sure who's fault this is, but the root word for shulmah should be "shul" not "muz"

paarthurnax
Administrator
July 5, 2014

@Prem, yes, prem is something that could be used like a noun and an adjective. I removed the additional word premaal and edited vopremaal to just voprem.

@Shulmah, whoops! Fixed.

by paarthurnax
July 5, 2014

@Prem, yes, prem is something that could be used like a noun and an adjective. I removed the additional word premaal and edited vopremaal to just voprem.

@Shulmah, whoops! Fixed.

Aaliizah
July 6, 2014

Jun

"Jun" also means light. Paarthurnax says "Pogaan nahlaas, vokrii wah jun". In the dialogue file, this translates to "many alive, restored to (the) light". I always thought of this as the primary meaning for the dov, and that they thought of their kings as the "guiding light".

by Aaliizah
July 6, 2014

Jun

"Jun" also means light. Paarthurnax says "Pogaan nahlaas, vokrii wah jun". In the dialogue file, this translates to "many alive, restored to (the) light". I always thought of this as the primary meaning for the dov, and that they thought of their kings as the "guiding light".

paarthurnax
Administrator
July 6, 2014
Aaliizah

Jun

This is an interesting one, I actually believe this to be a typo of kun. Note that "J" and "K" are adjacent on the keyboard, and  the word vokun "shadow" most likely means "un-light." Typos aren't unheard of in the dialogue. In any case I'll add it for completeness's sake, but kun should probably be used over jun to mean "light."

by paarthurnax
July 6, 2014
Aaliizah

Jun

This is an interesting one, I actually believe this to be a typo of kun. Note that "J" and "K" are adjacent on the keyboard, and  the word vokun "shadow" most likely means "un-light." Typos aren't unheard of in the dialogue. In any case I'll add it for completeness's sake, but kun should probably be used over jun to mean "light."

Mulhahlor
July 6, 2014

Vuuk

Could add "Construct" in the sense of a robot.

by Mulhahlor
July 6, 2014

Vuuk

paarthurnax
Administrator
July 6, 2014
Mulhahlor

Vuuk

The word dwinaar might fit what you're looking for. The word wahlaat could also be used, meaning "something that has been constructed." I did add "construct" to wahlaat's definition, it wouldn't strictly refer to a robot like dwinaar would.

by paarthurnax
July 6, 2014
Mulhahlor

Vuuk

The word dwinaar might fit what you're looking for. The word wahlaat could also be used, meaning "something that has been constructed." I did add "construct" to wahlaat's definition, it wouldn't strictly refer to a robot like dwinaar would.

GallantBlade475
July 6, 2014

Bolaav

Could also mean "give"

by GallantBlade475
July 6, 2014

Bolaav

Could also mean "give"

<<  <  1  2  3  ...  22  23  24  25  26  100  101  102  103 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.