A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Word Revision Thread

<<  <  1  2  3  ...  46  47  48  49  50  100  101  102  103 > >>  

scrptrx
November 25, 2014

Vahnis

add to definition: "pimple" and "boil" and maybe even "wart" (because why not)

by scrptrx
November 25, 2014

Vahnis

add to definition: "pimple" and "boil" and maybe even "wart" (because why not)

scrptrx
November 25, 2014

Shik

Why is this supposedly pronounced "sheen"? was it changed at some point? is it therefore "sheek"?

by scrptrx
November 25, 2014

Shik

Why is this supposedly pronounced "sheen"? was it changed at some point? is it therefore "sheek"?

scrptrx
November 25, 2014

Klomorwuld

For some reason this has its root word as "Pus" tiny, but that word does not appear anywhere in this word

by scrptrx
November 25, 2014

Klomorwuld

For some reason this has its root word as "Pus" tiny, but that word does not appear anywhere in this word

Ahmuldein
November 26, 2014

Yolosuf

I think that this word could be revised for...obvious reasons with a hashtag before it...anyway there are many synonyms for fire in the Dovahzul language and I think that a minor change would best suit this word...

by Ahmuldein
November 26, 2014

Yolosuf

I think that this word could be revised for...obvious reasons with a hashtag before it...anyway there are many synonyms for fire in the Dovahzul language and I think that a minor change would best suit this word...

DovahKiinZaan
November 26, 2014

Yolosuf

Plasma is neither flame nor gas

by DovahKiinZaan
November 26, 2014

Yolosuf

Plasma is neither flame nor gas

Ahmuldein
November 26, 2014

Actually that is true. It is its own catagory of element in which the electrons in the molecules are so hot that they turn into a highly reactive element of its own that is commonly classified with fire since it causes the chemical reaction of fire...however Dovahkiinzaan is correct. It is not fire or gas

by Ahmuldein
November 26, 2014

Actually that is true. It is its own catagory of element in which the electrons in the molecules are so hot that they turn into a highly reactive element of its own that is commonly classified with fire since it causes the chemical reaction of fire...however Dovahkiinzaan is correct. It is not fire or gas

DovahKiinZaan
November 26, 2014
Ahmuldein

Unless I am mistaken (and I often are, but more often aren't) flame is a gas.

by DovahKiinZaan
November 26, 2014
Ahmuldein

Unless I am mistaken (and I often are, but more often aren't) flame is a gas.

Ahmuldein
November 26, 2014

Flame can be caused by a gas butt i believe that flame or fire is just a chemical reaction that emmits gas (emmit; a word without a translation).

Anyway...back on topic

by Ahmuldein
November 26, 2014

Flame can be caused by a gas butt i believe that flame or fire is just a chemical reaction that emmits gas (emmit; a word without a translation).

Anyway...back on topic

DovahKiinZaan
November 26, 2014
Ahmuldein

Anyway...back on topic

Aye, the word needs serious revisions.

by DovahKiinZaan
November 26, 2014
Ahmuldein

Anyway...back on topic

Aye, the word needs serious revisions.

DovahKiinZaan
November 26, 2014

Pusufolbrot

Modern!

by DovahKiinZaan
November 26, 2014

Pusufolbrot

Modern!

DovahKiinZaan
November 26, 2014

Nalkunun

DÉjÀ vu. There's accents

by DovahKiinZaan
November 26, 2014

Nalkunun

DÉjÀ vu. There's accents

paarthurnax
Administrator
November 26, 2014

@Vikit, added to definition.

@Solkiigaal, capitalized.

@Qeln, the thing about the "eln" sound is that it doesn't appear in canon. The other two places it appears are eln "eight," and feln "era." I think it'd work best if it was shortened to qel (this would be pronounced like "quell," so it wouldn't quite be a homophone with kel ... maybe that's too close for comfort).

Here's an idea. There's the canon word sod "deed/exploit" - that is, a heroic act of some sort. Tack on the prefix vo- and the word vosod could mean "sin/vice/crime/etc." Then I suppose zovosod would be "sinful."

by paarthurnax
November 26, 2014

@Vikit, added to definition.

@Solkiigaal, capitalized.

@Qeln, the thing about the "eln" sound is that it doesn't appear in canon. The other two places it appears are eln "eight," and feln "era." I think it'd work best if it was shortened to qel (this would be pronounced like "quell," so it wouldn't quite be a homophone with kel ... maybe that's too close for comfort).

Here's an idea. There's the canon word sod "deed/exploit" - that is, a heroic act of some sort. Tack on the prefix vo- and the word vosod could mean "sin/vice/crime/etc." Then I suppose zovosod would be "sinful."

paarthurnax
Administrator
November 26, 2014
DovahKiinZaan

Nalkunun

DÉjÀ vu. There's accents

Corrected. But, to throw the question out there, it seems unnecessary to have a modern word that's a translation of a French phrase. I would suggest borrowing the French phrase into Dovahzul instead.

by paarthurnax
November 26, 2014
DovahKiinZaan

Nalkunun

DÉjÀ vu. There's accents

Corrected. But, to throw the question out there, it seems unnecessary to have a modern word that's a translation of a French phrase. I would suggest borrowing the French phrase into Dovahzul instead.

TheFemaleCharlie
November 26, 2014

Gelaaghahdrim

Uh, are we sure this is the correct root? Pretty sure the root is "laaghahdrim". Not sure if that's my error made in submission or what, but this is definitely not the correct root word.

by TheFemaleCharlie
November 26, 2014

Gelaaghahdrim

Uh, are we sure this is the correct root? Pretty sure the root is "laaghahdrim". Not sure if that's my error made in submission or what, but this is definitely not the correct root word.

hiith
November 27, 2014
paarthurnax

I would suggest borrowing the French phrase into Dovahzul instead.

Nope. I do not agree. That sounds hideous and unnecessary to me.

by hiith
November 27, 2014
paarthurnax

I would suggest borrowing the French phrase into Dovahzul instead.

Nope. I do not agree. That sounds hideous and unnecessary to me.

<<  <  1  2  3  ...  46  47  48  49  50  100  101  102  103 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.