A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Word Revision Thread

<<  <  1  2  3  ...  48  49  50  51  52  100  101  102  103 > >>  

hiith
December 2, 2014

Pruzah

I'm not entirely sure about this one, but could "pruzah" also mean "okay" and "alright", as in "I'm okay" or "I'm alright"?

by hiith
December 2, 2014

Pruzah

I'm not entirely sure about this one, but could "pruzah" also mean "okay" and "alright", as in "I'm okay" or "I'm alright"?

paarthurnax
Administrator
December 2, 2014
hiith

Pruzah

I'm pretty sure you could use it that way. For example pah pruzah would mean "all's well" or "everything's good/alright."

by paarthurnax
December 2, 2014
hiith

Pruzah

I'm pretty sure you could use it that way. For example pah pruzah would mean "all's well" or "everything's good/alright."

hiith
December 4, 2014

Hond

synonym: gone (?)

by hiith
December 4, 2014

Hond

synonym: gone (?)

hiith
December 4, 2014

Avtoknun

synonym: hot dog (hotdog? hot-dog?), though this is modern

by hiith
December 4, 2014

Avtoknun

synonym: hot dog (hotdog? hot-dog?), though this is modern

hiith
December 4, 2014

Nivzah

the "vz" doesn't seem very dragon-like

by hiith
December 4, 2014

Nivzah

the "vz" doesn't seem very dragon-like

hiith
December 4, 2014

Teyselaas

couldn't this also be an autobiography?

by hiith
December 4, 2014

Teyselaas

couldn't this also be an autobiography?

paarthurnax
Administrator
December 4, 2014

@Hond, this is the preposition "away," "to move away from something," rather than the adjective "away, gone, absent," which is the word nusaan. For some reason no results were showing up for "gone" in the search, so I've fixed this.

@Avtoknun, geh, "hot dog' would be modern. A possible solution would be to change avtoknun to some kind of compound word. Then it could be both a word for "sausage" and "hot dog."

@Nivzah, agreed. I have some ideas for how to change it: nizahniizahnivahniivahnivahzah. I think I like nizah best.

@Teyselaas, added "autobiography."

by paarthurnax
December 4, 2014

@Hond, this is the preposition "away," "to move away from something," rather than the adjective "away, gone, absent," which is the word nusaan. For some reason no results were showing up for "gone" in the search, so I've fixed this.

@Avtoknun, geh, "hot dog' would be modern. A possible solution would be to change avtoknun to some kind of compound word. Then it could be both a word for "sausage" and "hot dog."

@Nivzah, agreed. I have some ideas for how to change it: nizahniizahnivahniivahnivahzah. I think I like nizah best.

@Teyselaas, added "autobiography."

paarthurnax
Administrator
December 4, 2014

Kuld

This feels a bit odd as a non-canon word when there are a number of ways to make something semi-canon for this. Maybe "Dwiirot," from "Dwiirok," or something from "Pel" or "Haal."

by paarthurnax
December 4, 2014

Kuld

This feels a bit odd as a non-canon word when there are a number of ways to make something semi-canon for this. Maybe "Dwiirot," from "Dwiirok," or something from "Pel" or "Haal."

paarthurnax
Administrator
December 4, 2014

Qurnen

I was thinking this could maybe change to something like "Niviin," "unshining," as a sort of metaphor for something that's regular or unexemplary.

by paarthurnax
December 4, 2014

Qurnen

I was thinking this could maybe change to something like "Niviin," "unshining," as a sort of metaphor for something that's regular or unexemplary.

Foduiiz
December 4, 2014

Zogrit

What was the reason we didn't add "sceptical" to this?

by Foduiiz
December 4, 2014

Zogrit

What was the reason we didn't add "sceptical" to this?

Foduiiz
December 4, 2014

Grit

And why not add "scepticism" to this?

by Foduiiz
December 4, 2014

Grit

And why not add "scepticism" to this?

SirLemons44
December 4, 2014

Vilost

Vilost is technically incorrect as a translation of "availability." The -ility suffix in "availability" is essentially a different form of the -ness suffix (and in fact, "availableness" is an English word, and is a synonym of "availability": http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/availableness ), therefore I suggest either vilostaar or vilostom. Additionally, this makes "availability" show up as an adjective in the dictionary, which is entirely wrong.

by SirLemons44
December 4, 2014

Vilost

Vilost is technically incorrect as a translation of "availability." The -ility suffix in "availability" is essentially a different form of the -ness suffix (and in fact, "availableness" is an English word, and is a synonym of "availability": http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/availableness ), therefore I suggest either vilostaar or vilostom. Additionally, this makes "availability" show up as an adjective in the dictionary, which is entirely wrong.

hiith
December 4, 2014

Aax

perhaps this could be changed to relate to "ahraan", such as "geahraan" or something that sounds better?

by hiith
December 4, 2014

Aax

perhaps this could be changed to relate to "ahraan", such as "geahraan" or something that sounds better?

hiith
December 4, 2014

Dovahzulaan

semi-canon?

by hiith
December 4, 2014

Dovahzulaan

semi-canon?

hiith
December 4, 2014

And I agree with nizah, and I'm not sure about any sausagey compound words.

by hiith
December 4, 2014

And I agree with nizah, and I'm not sure about any sausagey compound words.

<<  <  1  2  3  ...  48  49  50  51  52  100  101  102  103 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.