Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Introductions

<<  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  27  28  29  30 > >>  

frownybiscuit
December 8, 2013

hey guys! frowny biscuit here( or hunter). I'm a bit off a geek when it comes to tolkien's work, i still haven't read "the silmarillion" though, i also showed interest in creating my own stories in ways people wouldn't think of, such as writing it in a different language that no one else speaks except a select few of people. The only other language I knew was Armenian, well, enough to write what I wanted to write. I got bored after a while and decided to try and learn klingon; It wasn't fun for me at all and I never got back into it. It wasn't for me I geuss. After a while I got skyrim, and when I heard Alduin first speak "the Voice", I knew I had to go and learn it, plus i'm in a military based clan that needs better security, and dovahzul shall establish that bit of security by me learning it and teaching it, this will be fun.

by frownybiscuit
December 8, 2013

hey guys! frowny biscuit here( or hunter). I'm a bit off a geek when it comes to tolkien's work, i still haven't read "the silmarillion" though, i also showed interest in creating my own stories in ways people wouldn't think of, such as writing it in a different language that no one else speaks except a select few of people. The only other language I knew was Armenian, well, enough to write what I wanted to write. I got bored after a while and decided to try and learn klingon; It wasn't fun for me at all and I never got back into it. It wasn't for me I geuss. After a while I got skyrim, and when I heard Alduin first speak "the Voice", I knew I had to go and learn it, plus i'm in a military based clan that needs better security, and dovahzul shall establish that bit of security by me learning it and teaching it, this will be fun.

paarthurnax
Administrator
December 9, 2013
frownybiscuit

Welcome! It's great to have you here!

by paarthurnax
December 9, 2013
frownybiscuit

Welcome! It's great to have you here!

DaughterOfColdHarbour
December 10, 2013

Ahnok! My name's Lanie and I am an Elder Scrolls addict :')

I've only recently started to teach myself Dovahzul, and this website is a HUGE help. It's utterly fantastic how much work you've done, Paarthurnax. All I had before was my Skyrim game guide, and that didnt really get me anywhere haha. Just to shamelessly talk about myself, I'm an eighteen year old history addict, engaged to another history and Skyrim addict. Of Scottish descent and have way too much time on my hands. Pruzah wah grind hi! x

by DaughterOfColdHarbour
December 10, 2013

I've only recently started to teach myself Dovahzul, and this website is a HUGE help. It's utterly fantastic how much work you've done, Paarthurnax. All I had before was my Skyrim game guide, and that didnt really get me anywhere haha. Just to shamelessly talk about myself, I'm an eighteen year old history addict, engaged to another history and Skyrim addict. Of Scottish descent and have way too much time on my hands. Pruzah wah grind hi! x

paarthurnax
Administrator
December 10, 2013
DaughterOfColdHarbour

That probably goes for all of us! Ahnok, and welcome!

by paarthurnax
December 10, 2013
DaughterOfColdHarbour

DaughterOfColdHarbour
December 10, 2013
paarthurnax

Nox hi!

by DaughterOfColdHarbour
December 10, 2013
paarthurnax

Nox hi!

rokmurhren
December 11, 2013

Hi everyone! I've decided to call myself Rokmurhren on here. It's weirdly appropriate, since I've been studying langauges and inventing them for a long, long time. Words make me crazy, but in a good way! 

I also love the Elder Scrolls game (totally shocking, yes), so when I wandered into this site it was a delightful discovery indeed. I'm teaching the language to a few of my friends now. They were all very concerned when I asked them to try once more to learn a conlang; they were quite relieved to know it wasn't actually once of mine. The last one I tried to teach them was ergative-accusative and had eight or nine cases as well as a phonology that makes children cry. I'm quite proud of the fact that one of them nearly puked trying to pronounce an implosive. 

Yes, I am *that* kind of language geek. 

Lovely to be here, and I look forward to chatting with you all at some point!

by rokmurhren
December 11, 2013

Hi everyone! I've decided to call myself Rokmurhren on here. It's weirdly appropriate, since I've been studying langauges and inventing them for a long, long time. Words make me crazy, but in a good way! 

I also love the Elder Scrolls game (totally shocking, yes), so when I wandered into this site it was a delightful discovery indeed. I'm teaching the language to a few of my friends now. They were all very concerned when I asked them to try once more to learn a conlang; they were quite relieved to know it wasn't actually once of mine. The last one I tried to teach them was ergative-accusative and had eight or nine cases as well as a phonology that makes children cry. I'm quite proud of the fact that one of them nearly puked trying to pronounce an implosive. 

paarthurnax
Administrator
December 11, 2013
rokmurhren

Now that is some extreme linguistics! Welcome!

by paarthurnax
December 11, 2013
rokmurhren

Now that is some extreme linguistics! Welcome!

DaughterOfColdHarbour
December 12, 2013
rokmurhren

I BOW TO YOUR TALENT. Oh my Gods. Also, hello :')

by DaughterOfColdHarbour
December 12, 2013
rokmurhren

DovahKiinZaan
December 13, 2013

This post has been deleted.

by DovahKiinZaan
December 13, 2013

This post has been deleted.

DaughterOfColdHarbour
December 13, 2013
DovaKiinZaan

My name is Mark and I'm from England. I'm quite smart for my age (not telling) and I speak English, French, Spanish, Italian, Portugese, Afrikaans and of course Dovahzul. I joined after looking for a translator/dictionary because I wanted to clear a few loose words. And I'm a TES addict, particularly Skyrim!

Wow that's a lot of languages :p Hello :')

by DaughterOfColdHarbour
December 13, 2013
DovaKiinZaan

My name is Mark and I'm from England. I'm quite smart for my age (not telling) and I speak English, French, Spanish, Italian, Portugese, Afrikaans and of course Dovahzul. I joined after looking for a translator/dictionary because I wanted to clear a few loose words. And I'm a TES addict, particularly Skyrim!

DovahKiinZaan
December 13, 2013
DaughterOfColdHarbour
DovaKiinZaan

Thank You and yes it is, Languages aren't even a specialty. I do Theoretical Astrophysics and work on the unfinished Bose-Einstein Condesate on Dark Matter. Like I said, for my age

by DovahKiinZaan
December 13, 2013
DaughterOfColdHarbour
DovaKiinZaan

Thank You and yes it is, Languages aren't even a specialty. I do Theoretical Astrophysics and work on the unfinished Bose-Einstein Condesate on Dark Matter. Like I said, for my age

DovahKiinZaan
December 13, 2013

Adding to my old post (three above or directly above) I also make languages with grammatical rules that dictate the way the words must be formed. The first language I learned (English) hasn't got many word rules so I use them to dictate how a word must be formed.

by DovahKiinZaan
December 13, 2013

Adding to my old post (three above or directly above) I also make languages with grammatical rules that dictate the way the words must be formed. The first language I learned (English) hasn't got many word rules so I use them to dictate how a word must be formed.

DovahKiinZaan
December 13, 2013
DaughterOfColdHarbour
rokmurhren

Rokmurhen, try me. What's that implosive?

by DovahKiinZaan
December 13, 2013
DaughterOfColdHarbour
rokmurhren

Rokmurhen, try me. What's that implosive?

AmandaClara
December 14, 2013

Hi, I'm Amanda.

I'm lerning Elvish as well as Dovahzul.

I haven't actually play Elder Scrolls or Skyrim, but I really want to!

A friend of mine recommended me here:)

Sooo....I guess HI!!!!

by AmandaClara
December 14, 2013

Hi, I'm Amanda.

Sooo....I guess HI!!!!

paarthurnax
Administrator
December 14, 2013
AmandaClara

Hi, I'm Amanda.

Sooo....I guess HI!!!!

Hello, and welcome, mellon!

by paarthurnax
December 14, 2013
AmandaClara

Hi, I'm Amanda.

Sooo....I guess HI!!!!

Hello, and welcome, mellon!

<<  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  27  28  29  30 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.