Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Word Revision Thread

<<  <  1  2  3  ...  74  75  76  77  78  100  101  102  103 > >>  

paarthurnax
Administrator
April 28, 2015

Niigol

I think this could be edited, as the final word doesn't fit the described origin. I think this should be an original, short word akin to other weapons or arms, such as "Tu," "Tuz," "Spaan," or "Ronaaz."

by paarthurnax
April 28, 2015

Niigol

I think this could be edited, as the final word doesn't fit the described origin. I think this should be an original, short word akin to other weapons or arms, such as "Tu," "Tuz," "Spaan," or "Ronaaz."

Liis
Administrator
April 28, 2015

@Niigol,

I feel like it should start with Z.

One syllable ideas: Zaat, Zix, Zax (Related to my word Lax), Zex, Zef, Zet, Zat, Zaat, Zest, Zust, Ziix, Zuth, Zaav, Zeit, Ziis or Ziit (Likely too close to Ziist), Zeyt (Likely too close to Zey)

Two syllable ideas: Zaviir, Zaliir, Zaxaat, Zexaar, Zeytaar, Zeytah, Zexaan, Zesaan, Zefur, Zexur, Zefaat, Zefaar, Zelah, Zuthaar, Zuthiis, Zuthuk, Zuthin, Zuthust, Zuthaak, Zuthik
by Liis
April 28, 2015

@Niigol,

I feel like it should start with Z.

One syllable ideas: Zaat, Zix, Zax (Related to my word Lax), Zex, Zef, Zet, Zat, Zaat, Zest, Zust, Ziix, Zuth, Zaav, Zeit, Ziis or Ziit (Likely too close to Ziist), Zeyt (Likely too close to Zey)

Two syllable ideas: Zaviir, Zaliir, Zaxaat, Zexaar, Zeytaar, Zeytah, Zexaan, Zesaan, Zefur, Zexur, Zefaat, Zefaar, Zelah, Zuthaar, Zuthiis, Zuthuk, Zuthin, Zuthust, Zuthaak, Zuthik

paarthurnax
Administrator
April 28, 2015

I'm a big fan of zuth.

by paarthurnax
April 28, 2015

I'm a big fan of zuth.

paarthurnax
Administrator
April 28, 2015

Deykel

After having stood for so long, I think this word should be revised out of respect for the word "Kel," which encompasses a meaning far beyond the concept of a mere "scroll". Something from "Pel" or "Sik" would work just as well.

by paarthurnax
April 28, 2015

Deykel

After having stood for so long, I think this word should be revised out of respect for the word "Kel," which encompasses a meaning far beyond the concept of a mere "scroll". Something from "Pel" or "Sik" would work just as well.

Liis
Administrator
April 28, 2015

@Deykel,

Strongly agreed. I feel that this word should be rootless and completely original, however I'll provide ideas for the root of Pel and Sik along with my original ideas.

Pel based ideas: Pelaat (Pel with suffix -aat) Pelzah, Peluk, Peluus, Peliis, Pelur, Peluur, Pelaar, Pelut

Sik based ideas: Sikaan, Sikur, Sikir, Sikust

Original ideas favouring W and Q: Wuust, Wahst, Wey, Wuv, Wuzah, Wuziin, Wux, Qahrey, Qahvey, Qust, Qiin, Qiis, Qiit, Qahs, Qex, Qey

by Liis
April 28, 2015

@Deykel,

Strongly agreed. I feel that this word should be rootless and completely original, however I'll provide ideas for the root of Pel and Sik along with my original ideas.

Pel based ideas: Pelaat (Pel with suffix -aat) Pelzah, Peluk, Peluus, Peliis, Pelur, Peluur, Pelaar, Pelut

Sik based ideas: Sikaan, Sikur, Sikir, Sikust

Original ideas favouring W and Q: Wuust, Wahst, Wey, Wuv, Wuzah, Wuziin, Wux, Qahrey, Qahvey, Qust, Qiin, Qiis, Qiit, Qahs, Qex, Qey

paarthurnax
Administrator
April 28, 2015

I like wey and perhaps another idea, qey.

by paarthurnax
April 28, 2015

I like wey and perhaps another idea, qey.

Liis
Administrator
April 29, 2015

Helt

Perhaps a revision to avoid closeness to "Het"?

by Liis
April 29, 2015

Helt

paarthurnax
Administrator
April 29, 2015
Liis

Helt

I'd be fine with revising, but I don't think it's too close to het. Their pronunciations are fairly distinct, no closer than "met" and "melt."

by paarthurnax
April 29, 2015
Liis

Helt

I'd be fine with revising, but I don't think it's too close to het. Their pronunciations are fairly distinct, no closer than "met" and "melt."

Liis
Administrator
April 29, 2015

Rigir

I think this word should mean solely the body part. I think we need brand new, original words for the preposition "back" and adverb "backward".

by Liis
April 29, 2015

Rigir

I think this word should mean solely the body part. I think we need brand new, original words for the preposition "back" and adverb "backward".

Liis
Administrator
April 29, 2015

@Helt,

Perhaps Zei, Zust, Zeth? Other ideas are Vuth, Veth, Vaath, Vei.
by Liis
April 29, 2015

@Helt,

Perhaps Zei, Zust, Zeth? Other ideas are Vuth, Veth, Vaath, Vei.

Liis
Administrator
April 29, 2015

@Zuth,

I'm content with this word replacing Niigol.

by Liis
April 29, 2015

@Zuth,

I'm content with this word replacing Niigol.

paarthurnax
Administrator
April 29, 2015

@Rigir, that was actually how the original word worked, but I forget why it was changed. I highly agree.

@Helt, I really like vuth. It sounds good shouted as a command.

@Zuth, I've edited niigol and its related words to zuthZuth has been ascribed to you.

by paarthurnax
April 29, 2015

@Rigir, that was actually how the original word worked, but I forget why it was changed. I highly agree.

@Helt, I really like vuth. It sounds good shouted as a command.

@Zuth, I've edited niigol and its related words to zuthZuth has been ascribed to you.

Liis
Administrator
April 29, 2015

To

I feel like this could be revised

by Liis
April 29, 2015

To

Liis
Administrator
April 29, 2015

This post has been deleted.

by Liis
April 29, 2015

This post has been deleted.

paarthurnax
Administrator
April 30, 2015
Liis

To

How so? I think it's short and effective.

by paarthurnax
April 30, 2015
Liis

To

How so? I think it's short and effective.

<<  <  1  2  3  ...  74  75  76  77  78  100  101  102  103 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.