Word Revision Thread

<<  <  1  2  3  ...  78  79  80  81  82  100  101  102  103 > >>  

paarthurnax
Administrator
May 5, 2015
Liis

Raxzuth

Can this be a verb?
If so, can it be added to the word notes?

No, it is a noun only. It refers specifically to the tool. You could perhaps use it as a verb in the sense of "using a rake," but not "raking claws," etc.

by paarthurnax
May 5, 2015
Liis

Raxzuth

Can this be a verb?
If so, can it be added to the word notes?

No, it is a noun only. It refers specifically to the tool. You could perhaps use it as a verb in the sense of "using a rake," but not "raking claws," etc.

Maakrindah
May 5, 2015

Thank you Liis. It's much better than in my initial submission.

by Maakrindah
May 5, 2015

Thank you Liis. It's much better than in my initial submission.

Dezonikso
May 5, 2015

Til

Add "thither" to translation

by Dezonikso
May 5, 2015

Til

Add "thither" to translation

Maakrindah
May 7, 2015

Skovaan

Kilts are body wrappings more than they are skirts, so I would like to suggest using a root word from "wrap" or perhaps something from "man/male-wrap" or "waist-wrap" rather than an altered version of 'skirt'.

Originally kilts were put on by laying the fabric out on the ground and a man lays on the ground, and is literally rolled into the kilt, which wrapped around his waist/hips/body a number of times (example:5-10 times). This is very different from a dress or skirt.

by Maakrindah
May 7, 2015

Skovaan

Kilts are body wrappings more than they are skirts, so I would like to suggest using a root word from "wrap" or perhaps something from "man/male-wrap" or "waist-wrap" rather than an altered version of 'skirt'.

Originally kilts were put on by laying the fabric out on the ground and a man lays on the ground, and is literally rolled into the kilt, which wrapped around his waist/hips/body a number of times (example:5-10 times). This is very different from a dress or skirt.

Sulsinak

I propose this definition for Sulsinak: "Visible beams of sunlight which pass through/around trees, clouds and other photoporous objects." The same for 'Vulonsinak', but with 'Moonlight'.

I know I already said this but I would really like to see the definition phrasing changed. My first attempt seems very clumsy in retrospect.

by Maakrindah
May 7, 2015

Sulsinak

I propose this definition for Sulsinak: "Visible beams of sunlight which pass through/around trees, clouds and other photoporous objects." The same for 'Vulonsinak', but with 'Moonlight'.

I know I already said this but I would really like to see the definition phrasing changed. My first attempt seems very clumsy in retrospect.

Maakrindah
May 8, 2015

Lax

Does Lax refer to a violin bow, or just the kind you shoot with? I was trying to figure out whether there should or shouldn't be a separate word for a musical bow. Would 'Laxstrin' be a good disambiguation word or is none needed?

by Maakrindah
May 8, 2015

Lax

Does Lax refer to a violin bow, or just the kind you shoot with? I was trying to figure out whether there should or shouldn't be a separate word for a musical bow. Would 'Laxstrin' be a good disambiguation word or is none needed?

paarthurnax
Administrator
May 9, 2015
Maakrindah

Lax

Lax specifically refers to the weapon.

by paarthurnax
May 9, 2015
Maakrindah

Lax

Lax specifically refers to the weapon.

Maakrindah
May 9, 2015

Mirozun

I propose Mirozun be revised to "Lonlax" from "Lon" (Fist) and "Lax" (Bow).

by Maakrindah
May 9, 2015

Mirozun

paarthurnax
Administrator
May 9, 2015
Maakrindah

Mirozun

Changed. Any suggestions on mirol "sling"?

by paarthurnax
May 9, 2015
Maakrindah

Mirozun

Changed. Any suggestions on mirol "sling"?

Maakrindah
May 9, 2015

@paarthurnax I think there needs to be a disambiguation between an elastic sling used for projectiles and a stationary sling such as a hammock or medical sling (such as an arm sling that helps support the weight of the arm while healing from a structural injury). Does "Mirol" fit one definition better than the other? Either way, there should definitely be two words for the two different 'sling's.

by Maakrindah
May 9, 2015

@paarthurnax I think there needs to be a disambiguation between an elastic sling used for projectiles and a stationary sling such as a hammock or medical sling (such as an arm sling that helps support the weight of the arm while healing from a structural injury). Does "Mirol" fit one definition better than the other? Either way, there should definitely be two words for the two different 'sling's.

paarthurnax
Administrator
May 9, 2015
Maakrindah

This word is in reference to the weapon "sling". Perhaps golrokiiz "stone-whip."

by paarthurnax
May 9, 2015
Maakrindah

This word is in reference to the weapon "sling". Perhaps golrokiiz "stone-whip."

Maakrindah
May 9, 2015

@paarthurnax Are there going to be separate words for "slingshot" and the old fashioned sling? If so, I think "Golrokiiz" is perfect for the old fashion rotary 'David and Goliath-style' sling. 'Whip' is a great description of the motion involved.

by Maakrindah
May 9, 2015

@paarthurnax Are there going to be separate words for "slingshot" and the old fashioned sling? If so, I think "Golrokiiz" is perfect for the old fashion rotary 'David and Goliath-style' sling. 'Whip' is a great description of the motion involved.

Ahbiilok
May 18, 2015

Bo

Perhaps could contain above. The banners in High Hrothgar state Lok Bo, Thuum Tuum. Most likely this means Sky Above, Voice Within. A commonly used phrase.

by Ahbiilok
May 18, 2015

Bo

Perhaps could contain above. The banners in High Hrothgar state Lok Bo, Thuum Tuum. Most likely this means Sky Above, Voice Within. A commonly used phrase.

Ahmuldein
May 26, 2015

Dulfuhil

could this "technically" be non canon? Pot has been around for a while

by Ahmuldein
May 26, 2015

Dulfuhil

paarthurnax
Administrator
May 26, 2015
Ahmuldein

Dulfuhil

There is no indication that this specific plant exists in The Elder Scrolls universe, so it is Modern rather than non-canon.

by paarthurnax
May 26, 2015
Ahmuldein

Dulfuhil

There is no indication that this specific plant exists in The Elder Scrolls universe, so it is Modern rather than non-canon.

<<  <  1  2  3  ...  78  79  80  81  82  100  101  102  103 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.