Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Word Revision Thread

<<  <  1  2  3  ...  77  78  79  80  81  100  101  102  103 > >>  

Liis
Administrator
May 4, 2015

Sulsinak

Along with Vulonsinak, perhaps a change of definition to include more than just clouds, but rather encompass any object, like trees, leaves, or windows.

by Liis
May 4, 2015

Sulsinak

Along with Vulonsinak, perhaps a change of definition to include more than just clouds, but rather encompass any object, like trees, leaves, or windows.

Maakrindah
May 4, 2015

@Liis I think that's an excellent idea. Those are other ways that this light phenominon naturally occurs. I do want to maintain the idea that these are beams of light which are visible from the sides, although I am not certain how to best concisely phrase all of the applicable definition descriptions for the words.

by Maakrindah
May 4, 2015

@Liis I think that's an excellent idea. Those are other ways that this light phenominon naturally occurs. I do want to maintain the idea that these are beams of light which are visible from the sides, although I am not certain how to best concisely phrase all of the applicable definition descriptions for the words.

Liis
Administrator
May 4, 2015

@Cinnamon Tiger,

They can be viewed from the side if there's dust/debris, no?
by Liis
May 4, 2015

@Cinnamon Tiger,

They can be viewed from the side if there's dust/debris, no?

Maakrindah
May 4, 2015

@Liis - Yes, or humidity, etc., and I definitely agree with your specific additions. I was just wondering if there is an all inclusive phrasing or if all the examples should be cited. I personally am in favor of all examples being included in the definition, but I am slightly concerned about the overall length and flow of the definition. Apart from that, I just wanted to note that 'vulonsinak' and 'sulsinak' are meant to specifically describe visible beams.

by Maakrindah
May 4, 2015

@Liis - Yes, or humidity, etc., and I definitely agree with your specific additions. I was just wondering if there is an all inclusive phrasing or if all the examples should be cited. I personally am in favor of all examples being included in the definition, but I am slightly concerned about the overall length and flow of the definition. Apart from that, I just wanted to note that 'vulonsinak' and 'sulsinak' are meant to specifically describe visible beams.

Liis
Administrator
May 5, 2015

@Maakrindah,

I was thinking of an all-encompassing definition, but I don't know how to word it at the moment.
by Liis
May 5, 2015

@Maakrindah,

I was thinking of an all-encompassing definition, but I don't know how to word it at the moment.

Maakrindah
May 5, 2015
@Liis - I propose this definition for Sulsinak: "Visible beams of sunlight which pass through/around trees, clouds and other photoporous objects." The same for 'Vulonsinak', but with 'Moonlight'.
by Maakrindah
May 5, 2015
@Liis - I propose this definition for Sulsinak: "Visible beams of sunlight which pass through/around trees, clouds and other photoporous objects." The same for 'Vulonsinak', but with 'Moonlight'.

Liis
Administrator
May 5, 2015

@Maakrindah,

I know what you mean by photoporous, but I doesn't seem to be an actual word.
by Liis
May 5, 2015

@Maakrindah,

I know what you mean by photoporous, but I doesn't seem to be an actual word.

Liis
Administrator
May 5, 2015

Raxzuth

Can this be a verb?
If so, can it be added to the word notes?

by Liis
May 5, 2015

Raxzuth

Can this be a verb?
If so, can it be added to the word notes?

Maakrindah
May 5, 2015

@ Liis- 'photoporous' - It's a compound word with the base word "porous" and the prefix "Photo-". It follows the grammar rules of English for compound words. 'Porous' indicates that something has pores or openings. 'Photo-' indicates a relationship to light such as in photograph and photosynthesis. The prefix in this instance implies permeability, but to say "photopermeable" would describe something that is translucent or transparent.

by Maakrindah
May 5, 2015

@ Liis- 'photoporous' - It's a compound word with the base word "porous" and the prefix "Photo-". It follows the grammar rules of English for compound words. 'Porous' indicates that something has pores or openings. 'Photo-' indicates a relationship to light such as in photograph and photosynthesis. The prefix in this instance implies permeability, but to say "photopermeable" would describe something that is translucent or transparent.

Maakrindah
May 5, 2015

@Liis - "RAXZUTH" - While 'Sovut' would technically work, I think a little disambiguation by making 'Raxzuth' both a noun and verb would be beneficial. I think your idea would be excellent.

by Maakrindah
May 5, 2015

@Liis - "RAXZUTH" - While 'Sovut' would technically work, I think a little disambiguation by making 'Raxzuth' both a noun and verb would be beneficial. I think your idea would be excellent.

Liis
Administrator
May 5, 2015

@Maakrindah,

I mean yeah, I knew what it meant, but didn't know if the word could be used since it's not recorded. :p I'm all for its usage though.
by Liis
May 5, 2015

@Maakrindah,

I mean yeah, I knew what it meant, but didn't know if the word could be used since it's not recorded. :p I'm all for its usage though.

Dezonikso
May 5, 2015

Het

Add "hither" to translation

by Dezonikso
May 5, 2015

Het

Add "hither" to translation

Maakrindah
May 5, 2015

@Liis I see your point; most English dictionaries would not have entries for this word. If we can find a better word, then awesome. What did you think of the rest of the proposed definition?

by Maakrindah
May 5, 2015

@Liis I see your point; most English dictionaries would not have entries for this word. If we can find a better word, then awesome. What did you think of the rest of the proposed definition?

Maakrindah
May 5, 2015

@Vriilomdren I totally agree.

by Maakrindah
May 5, 2015

@Vriilomdren I totally agree.

Liis
Administrator
May 5, 2015

@Maakrindah,

I personally think it's a perfect definition.
by Liis
May 5, 2015

@Maakrindah,

I personally think it's a perfect definition.
<<  <  1  2  3  ...  77  78  79  80  81  100  101  102  103 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.