Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Word Revision Thread

<<  <  1  2  3  ...  81  82  83  84  85  100  101  102  103 > >>  

Ahmuldein
June 5, 2015

@Maakrindah, Thank you for clearing that up. That makes a lot more sense than I thought it would. I don't to make excuses but this isnt my first language.

by Ahmuldein
June 5, 2015

@Maakrindah, Thank you for clearing that up. That makes a lot more sense than I thought it would. I don't to make excuses but this isnt my first language.

Ahmuldein
June 5, 2015

Aakfus

Wasn't this word supposed to include both "Sneeze" and "Cough"?

by Ahmuldein
June 5, 2015

Aakfus

Maakrindah
June 5, 2015

@Ahmuldein I'm just glad to help

by Maakrindah
June 5, 2015

@Ahmuldein I'm just glad to help

Spartanwolf67
June 5, 2015

Vahraak

I think Sahraak would sound better. Mainly because spare starts with an s. Good job though.

by Spartanwolf67
June 5, 2015

Vahraak

I think Sahraak would sound better. Mainly because spare starts with an s. Good job though.

Maakrindah
June 5, 2015

@Spartanwolf67 I'm really for Vahraak staying as is. Don't fix what isn't broken. Besides, if the only reason to change it is to poorly form it into an extremely loose cognate, then there isn't any real improvement in changing the word. No offense intended.

by Maakrindah
June 5, 2015

@Spartanwolf67 I'm really for Vahraak staying as is. Don't fix what isn't broken. Besides, if the only reason to change it is to poorly form it into an extremely loose cognate, then there isn't any real improvement in changing the word. No offense intended.

paarthurnax
Administrator
June 5, 2015
Maakrindah

Dovahik

Does 'Dovahik' (Drake) refer to a small dragon? I do not doubt this word at all, I just want to understand the difference between a 'Dragon' (Dovah) and a 'Drake' (Dovahik).

That's a good question, I'm not familiar with the usage of "drake" in The Elder Scrolls lore. It seems to only appear in a few names, but I think it is ultimately synonymous with "dragon." I've deleted dovahik.

by paarthurnax
June 5, 2015
Maakrindah

Dovahik

Does 'Dovahik' (Drake) refer to a small dragon? I do not doubt this word at all, I just want to understand the difference between a 'Dragon' (Dovah) and a 'Drake' (Dovahik).

That's a good question, I'm not familiar with the usage of "drake" in The Elder Scrolls lore. It seems to only appear in a few names, but I think it is ultimately synonymous with "dragon." I've deleted dovahik.

paarthurnax
Administrator
June 5, 2015
Ahmuldein

Aakfus

If that wasn't the original intention, I think aakfus and aaksu could be combined. I think they could be edited as well, as aak implies more control or intention than a sneeze or cough. Perhaps dahsu "push-air."

by paarthurnax
June 5, 2015
Ahmuldein

Aakfus

If that wasn't the original intention, I think aakfus and aaksu could be combined. I think they could be edited as well, as aak implies more control or intention than a sneeze or cough. Perhaps dahsu "push-air."

Maakrindah
June 5, 2015
@paarthurnax awe... I liked it.....
by Maakrindah
June 5, 2015
@paarthurnax awe... I liked it.....

Maakrindah
June 5, 2015

Aakfus

How about "Kaagsu'um" - 'Explode-Breath'?

by Maakrindah
June 5, 2015

Aakfus

How about "Kaagsu'um" - 'Explode-Breath'?

Ahmuldein
June 5, 2015

Greyziik

Just wanted to point out that this word is the 6000th entry! WOOHOO!

by Ahmuldein
June 5, 2015

Greyziik

Just wanted to point out that this word is the 6000th entry! WOOHOO!

Ahmuldein
June 5, 2015

@Aakfus @Paarthurnax, yea, I thought you, Foduiiz and I a few months back decided that combining them was the best idea

by Ahmuldein
June 5, 2015

@Aakfus @Paarthurnax, yea, I thought you, Foduiiz and I a few months back decided that combining them was the best idea

DosSeThul
June 5, 2015

Haaragelt

Fuhilgolz would be a better word, translating to leaf-stone, which is due to the origins of the name for the gemstone. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malachite#Etymology_and_history

by DosSeThul
June 5, 2015

Haaragelt

Fuhilgolz would be a better word, translating to leaf-stone, which is due to the origins of the name for the gemstone. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malachite#Etymology_and_history

Ahmuldein
June 8, 2015

Yirt-Vahzen

Does this word along with Yirt-Vahzah have to be modern? There is probably a lot of sarcasm in the Skyrim universe.

by Ahmuldein
June 8, 2015

Yirt-Vahzen

Does this word along with Yirt-Vahzah have to be modern? There is probably a lot of sarcasm in the Skyrim universe.

paarthurnax
Administrator
June 8, 2015
Ahmuldein

Yirt-Vahzen

The stipulation is that sarcasm is foreign to the Dov, and thus would be foreign to their language.

by paarthurnax
June 8, 2015
Ahmuldein

Yirt-Vahzen

The stipulation is that sarcasm is foreign to the Dov, and thus would be foreign to their language.

Ahmuldein
June 8, 2015

@Paarthurnax, Is the conjugation of non-canon vs modern referring to the game of Skyrim or to the dragons in the game of Skyrim?

by Ahmuldein
June 8, 2015

@Paarthurnax, Is the conjugation of non-canon vs modern referring to the game of Skyrim or to the dragons in the game of Skyrim?

<<  <  1  2  3  ...  81  82  83  84  85  100  101  102  103 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.