Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Word Revision Thread

<<  <  1  2  3  ...  82  83  84  85  86  100  101  102  103 > >>  

paarthurnax
Administrator
June 8, 2015
Ahmuldein

@Paarthurnax, Is the conjugation of non-canon vs modern referring to the game of Skyrim or to the dragons in the game of Skyrim?

Both. Modern encompasses words for things that aren't found in Skyrim, or would otherwise be foreign to dragons.

by paarthurnax
June 8, 2015
Ahmuldein

@Paarthurnax, Is the conjugation of non-canon vs modern referring to the game of Skyrim or to the dragons in the game of Skyrim?

Both. Modern encompasses words for things that aren't found in Skyrim, or would otherwise be foreign to dragons.

Ahmuldein
June 8, 2015

@Paarthurnax, If it isnt foreign to the dragons, wouldn't that logically mean that it isn't foreign to skyrim either? 

by Ahmuldein
June 8, 2015

@Paarthurnax, If it isnt foreign to the dragons, wouldn't that logically mean that it isn't foreign to skyrim either? 

Maakrindah
June 9, 2015

Biik

I am wondering about the 'K' in 'Biik'. Could it be changed to a different letter such as 'Z' or 'D'?

I really think "Biiz" would be best. Must the word for 'Jay' sound like the English word 'Beak'?

by Maakrindah
June 9, 2015

Biik

I am wondering about the 'K' in 'Biik'. Could it be changed to a different letter such as 'Z' or 'D'?

I really think "Biiz" would be best. Must the word for 'Jay' sound like the English word 'Beak'?

Liis
Administrator
June 10, 2015

Indagriin

Perhaps a new spelling? The original spelling is rather odd.

by Liis
June 10, 2015

Indagriin

paarthurnax
Administrator
June 10, 2015
Liis

Indagriin

I'd be up for a change of word entirely, as it's both oddly spelled and too similar to the English word without much reasoning.

by paarthurnax
June 10, 2015
Liis

Indagriin

I'd be up for a change of word entirely, as it's both oddly spelled and too similar to the English word without much reasoning.

paarthurnax
Administrator
June 10, 2015
Maakrindah

Biik

Then it would sound like the English word "bees" or the English word "bead." I wouldn't be too concerned about Dovahzul words being homophones with English words, especially short words. It can still be changed though.

by paarthurnax
June 10, 2015
Maakrindah

Biik

Then it would sound like the English word "bees" or the English word "bead." I wouldn't be too concerned about Dovahzul words being homophones with English words, especially short words. It can still be changed though.

Liis
Administrator
June 10, 2015

@Indagriin,

New word suggestions: Iikah, Ilaat, Teyz, Teyzah, Feyz, Feyzah
by Liis
June 10, 2015

@Indagriin,

New word suggestions: Iikah, Ilaat, Teyz, Teyzah, Feyz, Feyzah

Maakrindah
June 10, 2015

@paarthurnax  Well, if there needs to be a mnemonic device, I like 'Biiz' best because it is closest to my original 'Biij' and could be remembered with the expression 'The Birds and the Biiz'. I am also okay with 'Biix' or 'Biis' as a backup. 'Biid' was just an example of an alternate ending, not necessarily a suggestion.

by Maakrindah
June 10, 2015

@paarthurnax  Well, if there needs to be a mnemonic device, I like 'Biiz' best because it is closest to my original 'Biij' and could be remembered with the expression 'The Birds and the Biiz'. I am also okay with 'Biix' or 'Biis' as a backup. 'Biid' was just an example of an alternate ending, not necessarily a suggestion.

Ahmuldein
June 10, 2015

@Mahkrin and Paarthy, I think either Biiz or Biis is the best. I like them both for different reasons. The "s" in Biis is like the english Beez but w/o the "zuh" sound at the end of the word. It would be a great homophone in my opinion.

by Ahmuldein
June 10, 2015

@Mahkrin and Paarthy, I think either Biiz or Biis is the best. I like them both for different reasons. The "s" in Biis is like the english Beez but w/o the "zuh" sound at the end of the word. It would be a great homophone in my opinion.

Motagiik

Perhaps an expanded definition to "Irritant".
Or a new word for Irritant based off of Motag.

by Liis
June 15, 2015

Motagiik

Perhaps an expanded definition to "Irritant".
Or a new word for Irritant based off of Motag.

Liis
Administrator
June 16, 2015

Tefsud

One who sucks is not a lollipop.

by Liis
June 16, 2015

Tefsud

paarthurnax
Administrator
June 16, 2015
Liis

Tefsud

Yikes. Changed this to tefsunaat, or "something that is sucked on".

by paarthurnax
June 16, 2015
Liis

Tefsud

Yikes. Changed this to tefsunaat, or "something that is sucked on".

Maakrindah
June 17, 2015

Biik

Here are three changes I would love to see :

As mentioned previously on the thread,

Biik --> Biiz

Sahqobiik -->  Sahqobiiz

...and: Malzseyosel -->  Yoselfuniik

literally, "Temperature/Degree Teller", in the style of "Clock" / "Tiidfuniik", lit. "Time Teller".

by Maakrindah
June 17, 2015

Biik

Here are three changes I would love to see :

As mentioned previously on the thread,

Biik --> Biiz

Sahqobiik -->  Sahqobiiz

...and: Malzseyosel -->  Yoselfuniik

literally, "Temperature/Degree Teller", in the style of "Clock" / "Tiidfuniik", lit. "Time Teller".

Maakrindah
June 17, 2015

Ruuslid

This appears to be a compound of "Ruus" / "Throat" & "Lid" / "Band, Party or Troop". It appears that the intended use of the English word "Band" during word creation was like in "Rubber Band", "Waistband" and "Armband", as opposed to a group such as a "Troop" or "Party". Perhaps this should be adapted. "Du'ul" is a possible root for "Collar", but I'm in favor of not overusing "Du'ul". Perhaps something like the Icelandic "Kragi/Kraga" as a root word; something like "Kraagah", as both a noun and verb?

by Maakrindah
June 17, 2015

Ruuslid

This appears to be a compound of "Ruus" / "Throat" & "Lid" / "Band, Party or Troop". It appears that the intended use of the English word "Band" during word creation was like in "Rubber Band", "Waistband" and "Armband", as opposed to a group such as a "Troop" or "Party". Perhaps this should be adapted. "Du'ul" is a possible root for "Collar", but I'm in favor of not overusing "Du'ul". Perhaps something like the Icelandic "Kragi/Kraga" as a root word; something like "Kraagah", as both a noun and verb?

Liis
Administrator
June 20, 2015

Vodeiniik

Add definition "Deserter".

by Liis
June 20, 2015

Vodeiniik

Add definition "Deserter".

<<  <  1  2  3  ...  82  83  84  85  86  100  101  102  103 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.