Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Word Revision Thread

<<  <  1  2  3  ...  83  84  85  86  87  100  101  102  103 > >>  

Faendal
June 20, 2015

Are there any names in dovahzul already or is that something which could be added in ??

by Faendal
June 20, 2015

Are there any names in dovahzul already or is that something which could be added in ??

Liis
Administrator
June 20, 2015

@Faendal,

Please only reserve this thread for revisions and conversation on revisions for already existing words. Post all questions about the language to the Question Board - which can be accessed by clicking here.

To answer your question, click here and scroll down to the subtitle Submitting Name Translations in bold font.

by Liis
June 20, 2015

@Faendal,

Please only reserve this thread for revisions and conversation on revisions for already existing words. Post all questions about the language to the Question Board - which can be accessed by clicking here.

To answer your question, click here and scroll down to the subtitle Submitting Name Translations in bold font.

Liis
Administrator
June 21, 2015

Nahlaas

Expand definition to include the adjective "live".
Ex: a live grenade

by Liis
June 21, 2015

Nahlaas

Expand definition to include the adjective "live".
Ex: a live grenade

Liis
Administrator
June 21, 2015

Mithraa

Raa is no longer a word. Suggest a change to "mitheruvos".

by Liis
June 21, 2015

Mithraa

Raa is no longer a word. Suggest a change to "mitheruvos".

paarthurnax
Administrator
June 21, 2015

@Nahlaas, added "live," but I don't think it could be used in the sense of "active / activated" since nahlaas specifically refers to life. The metaphorical sense of "live" is a modern connotation that wouldn't exist in the word nahlaas.

@Mithraa, edited to mitheruvos.

by paarthurnax
June 21, 2015

@Nahlaas, added "live," but I don't think it could be used in the sense of "active / activated" since nahlaas specifically refers to life. The metaphorical sense of "live" is a modern connotation that wouldn't exist in the word nahlaas.

@Mithraa, edited to mitheruvos.

Liis
Administrator
June 21, 2015

@Nahlaas,

I was specifically thinking of it being used only for life, but I guess I used a terrible example. I think adding the definition would help someone's understanding of the word. Of course, it's borderline unnecessary and I wouldn't be against just leaving it as "alive".

by Liis
June 21, 2015

@Nahlaas,

I was specifically thinking of it being used only for life, but I guess I used a terrible example. I think adding the definition would help someone's understanding of the word. Of course, it's borderline unnecessary and I wouldn't be against just leaving it as "alive".

paarthurnax
Administrator
June 21, 2015
Liis

@Nahlaas,

I've added it anyhow, but mentioned in the notes that it refers to life.

by paarthurnax
June 21, 2015
Liis

@Nahlaas,

I've added it anyhow, but mentioned in the notes that it refers to life.

Liis
Administrator
June 21, 2015

Gon

Expand definition to "Beginning".

by Liis
June 21, 2015

Gon

Expand definition to "Beginning".

Liis
Administrator
June 21, 2015

Gonah & Orgonah

Request deletion in favour of "Gon" and "Orgon".

by Liis
June 21, 2015

Gonah & Orgonah

Request deletion in favour of "Gon" and "Orgon".

Liis
Administrator
June 21, 2015

Rigir

We need to discuss the schism of this word to form a word for the body part and a word for the preposition.

by Liis
June 21, 2015

Rigir

We need to discuss the schism of this word to form a word for the body part and a word for the preposition.

paarthurnax
Administrator
June 21, 2015

@Gon, expanded definition and deleted the redundant gonah and orgonah.

@Rigir, thanks for bringing this back (heh) up, I think a one-syllable preposition would be best, or something deriving from amativ. Anatomically, a dragon's back doesn't face "backward," so it makes sense to have separate words.

by paarthurnax
June 21, 2015

@Gon, expanded definition and deleted the redundant gonah and orgonah.

@Rigir, thanks for bringing this back (heh) up, I think a one-syllable preposition would be best, or something deriving from amativ. Anatomically, a dragon's back doesn't face "backward," so it makes sense to have separate words.

Liis
Administrator
June 21, 2015

Fein --> Wey
Deykel --> Qey

by Liis
June 21, 2015

Fein --> Wey
Deykel --> Qey

Liis
Administrator
June 21, 2015

Loost

I don't think this should be a thing.

by Liis
June 21, 2015

Loost

paarthurnax
Administrator
June 21, 2015
Liis

Loost

This thing is canon.

by paarthurnax
June 21, 2015
Liis

Loost

This thing is canon.

Liis
Administrator
June 21, 2015

@paarthurnax,

Really? Where?

by Liis
June 21, 2015

@paarthurnax,

Really? Where?

<<  <  1  2  3  ...  83  84  85  86  87  100  101  102  103 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.