A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Word Revision Thread

<<  <  1  2  3  ...  87  88  89  90  91  100  101  102  103 > >>  

paarthurnax
Administrator
July 2, 2015

@Oblivion, found in the Word Wall for nah in Whirlwind Sprint.

@Liis, much agreed. There are also two senses to consider: "however / in whatever way" ("do it however you must"), and "however / nonetheless / notwithstanding," ("however, I must disagree").

Nuz could in all likelihood cover the second sense.

by paarthurnax
July 2, 2015

@Oblivion, found in the Word Wall for nah in Whirlwind Sprint.

@Liis, much agreed. There are also two senses to consider: "however / in whatever way" ("do it however you must"), and "however / nonetheless / notwithstanding," ("however, I must disagree").

Nuz could in all likelihood cover the second sense.

Liis
Administrator
July 2, 2015

@Vutharaak,

I propose the deletion of the word in favour of Nuz and/or Pahfos.

by Liis
July 2, 2015

@Vutharaak,

paarthurnax
Administrator
July 2, 2015
Liis

@Vutharaak,

Pahfos wouldn't quite work for "however" as in "by any means." How about naanvoth "any-with"?

by paarthurnax
July 2, 2015
Liis

@Vutharaak,

Pahfos wouldn't quite work for "however" as in "by any means." How about naanvoth "any-with"?

Liis
Administrator
July 2, 2015

@Naanvoth,

I agree to that.

by Liis
July 2, 2015

@Naanvoth,

I agree to that.

BanditNation
July 2, 2015

Griindol

How about changing Griindol to Priindol?

by BanditNation
July 2, 2015

Griindol

paarthurnax
Administrator
July 2, 2015
BanditNation

Griindol

Would you prefer it to be priindol rather than the shorter prii? I think prii would flow better with adjectives.

For reference, BanditNation and I have been discussing alternatives for this word so it's easier to use with adjectives (prii dilon "nearly dead," prii vikaan "nearly defeated," etc.). It might also help to distance it from grind "to meet."

by paarthurnax
July 2, 2015
BanditNation

Griindol

Would you prefer it to be priindol rather than the shorter prii? I think prii would flow better with adjectives.

For reference, BanditNation and I have been discussing alternatives for this word so it's easier to use with adjectives (prii dilon "nearly dead," prii vikaan "nearly defeated," etc.). It might also help to distance it from grind "to meet."

Liis
Administrator
July 3, 2015

@Prii,

I love the idea of Prii. It's short just like its complimentary word Nuth.

by Liis
July 3, 2015

@Prii,

I love the idea of Prii. It's short just like its complimentary word Nuth.

Liis
Administrator
July 3, 2015

Laak

I propose a change for a slightly different spelling. This word is too close to Laag for my comfort.

by Liis
July 3, 2015

Laak

I propose a change for a slightly different spelling. This word is too close to Laag for my comfort.

BanditNation
July 3, 2015
paarthurnax
BanditNation

Griindol

Prii would work just fine.

by BanditNation
July 3, 2015
paarthurnax
BanditNation

Griindol

Prii would work just fine.

Maakrindah
July 4, 2015

@Liis 

I will second that. The concept of However is closer to 'Although', 'Regardless' and 'never the less' rather than being aassociated with Time.

However, I will note that several English inconsistencies have made their way into Dovahzul, so sometimes we end up with words that are identical to English usage (such as 'That' which is both a pronoun and a complex sentence conjunction.)

by Maakrindah
July 4, 2015

@Liis 

I will second that. The concept of However is closer to 'Although', 'Regardless' and 'never the less' rather than being aassociated with Time.

However, I will note that several English inconsistencies have made their way into Dovahzul, so sometimes we end up with words that are identical to English usage (such as 'That' which is both a pronoun and a complex sentence conjunction.)

paarthurnax
Administrator
July 4, 2015
Maakrindah

@Liis 

Dovahzul has two distinct words for "that". Daar is the pronoun, and tol is the conjunction.

by paarthurnax
July 4, 2015
Maakrindah

@Liis 

Dovahzul has two distinct words for "that". Daar is the pronoun, and tol is the conjunction.

Maakrindah
July 4, 2015

@paarthurnax thanks for helping me out with that, sorry. @ Liis. So ignore that last part. I agree with you 100%

by Maakrindah
July 4, 2015

@paarthurnax thanks for helping me out with that, sorry. @ Liis. So ignore that last part. I agree with you 100%

paarthurnax
Administrator
July 5, 2015

Unstiid

Isn't this word redundant anyhow with "Unslaad" and "Mahfaeraak"?

by paarthurnax
July 5, 2015

Unstiid

Isn't this word redundant anyhow with "Unslaad" and "Mahfaeraak"?

Liis
Administrator
July 5, 2015

@Unslaad,

If it mean "at all times" then it'll replace it.

by Liis
July 5, 2015

@Unslaad,

paarthurnax
Administrator
July 5, 2015
Liis

@Unslaad,

Looking around, alun "ever" would effectively replace it. "I am always busy / I am ever busy."

I've deleted unstiid and changed grinstiid to fahtiid, effectively "for times / for many times".

by paarthurnax
July 5, 2015
Liis

@Unslaad,

Looking around, alun "ever" would effectively replace it. "I am always busy / I am ever busy."

I've deleted unstiid and changed grinstiid to fahtiid, effectively "for times / for many times".

<<  <  1  2  3  ...  87  88  89  90  91  100  101  102  103 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.