<<  <  1  2  3  ...  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30 > >>  

ElectronMk5
September 28, 2017
Midknight

1. Have a photographic memory

2. Have a holographic memory

3. Have a mind like a steel trap

4. Be born with the eiditic gene

5. Have electronic storage nanoengineered into your brain (it's tried in sci-fi at least?)

6. Learn the grammar rules (see top banner, Learn > Lessons) and let vocabulary grow organically over time      <--- not "tried and true," perhaps, but it's what I'm trying. Since none of the other options is doable by me. Stupid life rules don't allow rerolling my character this late... :D

thanks!

by ElectronMk5
September 28, 2017
Midknight

1. Have a photographic memory

2. Have a holographic memory

3. Have a mind like a steel trap

4. Be born with the eiditic gene

5. Have electronic storage nanoengineered into your brain (it's tried in sci-fi at least?)

6. Learn the grammar rules (see top banner, Learn > Lessons) and let vocabulary grow organically over time      <--- not "tried and true," perhaps, but it's what I'm trying. Since none of the other options is doable by me. Stupid life rules don't allow rerolling my character this late... :D

thanks!

Zinrahzul
September 28, 2017
@Midknight this is me giving this post a like, favorite, upvote, and thumbs up, haha. Well answered!
by Zinrahzul
September 28, 2017
@Midknight this is me giving this post a like, favorite, upvote, and thumbs up, haha. Well answered!

Yoldrogfirelord
September 28, 2017

drem yol lok everyone i am yoldrog firebeard mead coinsurer of skyrim i'm a gamer currently trying to make poems in the dragon laguage fun (not really) suprizingly there are some words that the dragon language doesn't have so i have to get creative with it but i'm getting there, i hope to become friends with everyone and i hope to see yall out on the battlefeild. su'um lok zii

by Yoldrogfirelord
September 28, 2017

drem yol lok everyone i am yoldrog firebeard mead coinsurer of skyrim i'm a gamer currently trying to make poems in the dragon laguage fun (not really) suprizingly there are some words that the dragon language doesn't have so i have to get creative with it but i'm getting there, i hope to become friends with everyone and i hope to see yall out on the battlefeild. su'um lok zii

Vahdin Eroljan
October 5, 2017

Greetings entities of this realm! This one is Lo'Vonun Vahzen. This is a new place and It guesses it should make itself known. Even though it will probably result in nothing to benifit her. Even so, she wishes to taught in the language of the dragons, as you call them. She hopes to find enlightenment here, and wishes good tidings and a good impression. 

by Vahdin Eroljan
October 5, 2017

Greetings entities of this realm! This one is Lo'Vonun Vahzen. This is a new place and It guesses it should make itself known. Even though it will probably result in nothing to benifit her. Even so, she wishes to taught in the language of the dragons, as you call them. She hopes to find enlightenment here, and wishes good tidings and a good impression. 

Suleykvulsos
October 12, 2017

Hi everyone, I'm Suleykvulsos, I'm new here (obviously)! I'm mainly just your average gamer but Skyrim is by far my favorite game of all time and after playing for a long time (6 years now) I feel like learning Dovahzul is a really great way to enjoy it even more, as well as to enjoy this new community!

by Suleykvulsos
October 12, 2017

Hi everyone, I'm Suleykvulsos, I'm new here (obviously)! I'm mainly just your average gamer but Skyrim is by far my favorite game of all time and after playing for a long time (6 years now) I feel like learning Dovahzul is a really great way to enjoy it even more, as well as to enjoy this new community!

snaaken21
October 18, 2017

Hi Im snaaken i've played skyrim since it's release I am glad to be apart of this 

by snaaken21
October 18, 2017

Hi Im snaaken i've played skyrim since it's release I am glad to be apart of this 

DwiinAh
October 26, 2017

Hello! Im Steel Hunter! I'm still in highschool but I love Skyrim. I learned a little of the language from the actual skyrim handbook and made a small notebook filled with some common words, BUt yeah hi

by DwiinAh
October 26, 2017

Hello! Im Steel Hunter! I'm still in highschool but I love Skyrim. I learned a little of the language from the actual skyrim handbook and made a small notebook filled with some common words, BUt yeah hi

Sahqonvokun
October 26, 2017

Drem Yol lok! i am Sahqonvokun. i am a 19 year old Canadian who is currently undergoing difficulty ataining employment and periodically experience bouts of seemingly inexplicable physical pain. yes, i have gotten used to said pain, i awknowledge that it is there when it occurs, the go back to whatever i was doing.

by Sahqonvokun
October 26, 2017

Drem Yol lok! i am Sahqonvokun. i am a 19 year old Canadian who is currently undergoing difficulty ataining employment and periodically experience bouts of seemingly inexplicable physical pain. yes, i have gotten used to said pain, i awknowledge that it is there when it occurs, the go back to whatever i was doing.

ThurDoSil
November 2, 2017

Salut! I am Cylumad564, soon to be Fulthurbah. I am a quest finisher in skyrim and a lazy bum in real life. my usual login times will probably be: 8:20 to 9:00 and 10:00 to 10:40 am on both. these are probably going to change. i was blown away by skyrim and i love to roleplay just pretending to live at my Evergreen Grove camp. Don't mind my lack of capitals. I'd love to find all of skyrim's adventure complete soon.

by ThurDoSil
November 2, 2017

Salut! I am Cylumad564, soon to be Fulthurbah. I am a quest finisher in skyrim and a lazy bum in real life. my usual login times will probably be: 8:20 to 9:00 and 10:00 to 10:40 am on both. these are probably going to change. i was blown away by skyrim and i love to roleplay just pretending to live at my Evergreen Grove camp. Don't mind my lack of capitals. I'd love to find all of skyrim's adventure complete soon.

ThurDoSil
November 2, 2017
ElectronMk5

thanks!

is 5 from Doctor Who?

by ThurDoSil
November 2, 2017
ElectronMk5

thanks!

is 5 from Doctor Who?

Yoldrun
November 17, 2017

Hi! I'm Yoldrun, just a nickname my friend got me when he found the site, I really enjoy trying to speedrun the main skyrim quest with my friends. I also enjoy attempting to learn computer game design/programming, as well as learning fantasy languages for fun, but that's pretty much why I'm here. I also hope to be fluent in the language to 1up my friends in nerd competitions.

P.S  I also go by Jay if you don't want to call me Yoldrun

by Yoldrun
November 17, 2017

Hi! I'm Yoldrun, just a nickname my friend got me when he found the site, I really enjoy trying to speedrun the main skyrim quest with my friends. I also enjoy attempting to learn computer game design/programming, as well as learning fantasy languages for fun, but that's pretty much why I'm here. I also hope to be fluent in the language to 1up my friends in nerd competitions.

P.S  I also go by Jay if you don't want to call me Yoldrun

ntoskrnl
November 20, 2017

Hello! I'm ntoskrnl (nto for short) and I'm really excited to join these forums. I've been playing Skyrim for over 5 years now and have easily sunk 2000+ hours into the game. I finally decided about a year ago I would try and learn the dragon language, and I just recently found these forums!

My favorite part of Skyrim is by far the mood. Sitting at the top of the Throat of the World, looking over the lands, with Far Horizons playing. I absolutely love the beauty of nature's terrain, especially mountains and auroras (possibly why I love this game so much!).

Aside from Skyrim, I also play Rocket League and Minecraft (the latter of which I've played for about 7 years and have probably spent 5000+ hours in).

Anyways, I'm excited to join and I'll see everyone around the forums!

by ntoskrnl
November 20, 2017

Hello! I'm ntoskrnl (nto for short) and I'm really excited to join these forums. I've been playing Skyrim for over 5 years now and have easily sunk 2000+ hours into the game. I finally decided about a year ago I would try and learn the dragon language, and I just recently found these forums!

My favorite part of Skyrim is by far the mood. Sitting at the top of the Throat of the World, looking over the lands, with Far Horizons playing. I absolutely love the beauty of nature's terrain, especially mountains and auroras (possibly why I love this game so much!).

Aside from Skyrim, I also play Rocket League and Minecraft (the latter of which I've played for about 7 years and have probably spent 5000+ hours in).

Anyways, I'm excited to join and I'll see everyone around the forums!

CygnusRazorwind
November 24, 2017

Why haven't I seen this before? Ah, just as well. Cygnus Razorwind, at your service, pseudo-linguists. I use that term, in a caring manner, since I can't find a word that means the study of fictitious languages. I always thought Dovahzul would fall under Applied Linguistics, but I prefer to think it's under Fictional Linguistics. Not my problem worth debating with elemental fury.

In case there is already a topic about this, Skyvoice is now ported to Skyrim Special Edition: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/12835 

I suggest trying it out. Sadly it's only for Windows OSs, post-XP. Mac users, and XP purists, you're left in the dark.

Anyway, I am an associate at Kroger, a Courtesy Clerk. My hours vary, but average thirty per week per month. This is due to Social Security and Medicaid limiting my hours to continue compensation.

That out of the way, I leave you with this: Lok, Thu'um!

by CygnusRazorwind
November 24, 2017

Why haven't I seen this before? Ah, just as well. Cygnus Razorwind, at your service, pseudo-linguists. I use that term, in a caring manner, since I can't find a word that means the study of fictitious languages. I always thought Dovahzul would fall under Applied Linguistics, but I prefer to think it's under Fictional Linguistics. Not my problem worth debating with elemental fury.

In case there is already a topic about this, Skyvoice is now ported to Skyrim Special Edition: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/12835 

I suggest trying it out. Sadly it's only for Windows OSs, post-XP. Mac users, and XP purists, you're left in the dark.

Anyway, I am an associate at Kroger, a Courtesy Clerk. My hours vary, but average thirty per week per month. This is due to Social Security and Medicaid limiting my hours to continue compensation.

That out of the way, I leave you with this: Lok, Thu'um!

Liis
Administrator
November 24, 2017
@CygnusRazorwind,

That depends if your definition of "linguist" is the study of real languages or simply how language works.
by Liis
November 24, 2017
@CygnusRazorwind,

That depends if your definition of "linguist" is the study of real languages or simply how language works.

finmahlaan
November 29, 2017

Drem Yol Lok. 

My name is [fin mahlaan] , or the fallen in the tongue of mortals. You can call me Fallen. 

I am a high schooler who grew up playing D&D, video games like Stronghold, Neverwinter Nights etc., listening to the Cure and Metallica and reading the Lord of the Rings. Yeah, so I grew up as a nerd.

Skyrim came out when I was 8 years old, and it and the other ES games have been a huge part of my life ever since. 

I have also always loved languages. I am American originally, but I moved to Europe when I was pretty small, resulting in me learning Dutch and French. Now, I am also taking German, and, until a short while ago, Latin and Ancient Greek. I am also learning Sindarin Elvish, and of of course Dovahzul. 

I am also a writer. I mostly work on fantasy novels, but I recently started a Cicero fanfiction that will be on archive of our own soon!

If I were to describe myself in one sentence, I would say: Nerdy, goth, LGBT elf writer. 

Besides my many different fandoms and languages, I love nature (space!), tacos, kittens, and goth culture.

I guess that is it, for now!

HAIL SITHIS! (and sk00ma).

- [fin mahlaan]

by finmahlaan
November 29, 2017

Drem Yol Lok. 

My name is [fin mahlaan] , or the fallen in the tongue of mortals. You can call me Fallen. 

I am a high schooler who grew up playing D&D, video games like Stronghold, Neverwinter Nights etc., listening to the Cure and Metallica and reading the Lord of the Rings. Yeah, so I grew up as a nerd.

Skyrim came out when I was 8 years old, and it and the other ES games have been a huge part of my life ever since. 

I have also always loved languages. I am American originally, but I moved to Europe when I was pretty small, resulting in me learning Dutch and French. Now, I am also taking German, and, until a short while ago, Latin and Ancient Greek. I am also learning Sindarin Elvish, and of of course Dovahzul. 

I am also a writer. I mostly work on fantasy novels, but I recently started a Cicero fanfiction that will be on archive of our own soon!

If I were to describe myself in one sentence, I would say: Nerdy, goth, LGBT elf writer. 

Besides my many different fandoms and languages, I love nature (space!), tacos, kittens, and goth culture.

I guess that is it, for now!

HAIL SITHIS! (and sk00ma).

- [fin mahlaan]

<<  <  1  2  3  ...  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.