A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Word Revision Thread

<<  <  1  2  3  ...  38  39  40  41  42  100  101  102  103 > >>  

Ahmuldein
September 22, 2014
hiith
Ahmuldein

Aam

according to Memrise (the canon course) this means "hmm?" I was simply wondering whether or not this is an error on our part or Memrise

This is an error on Memrise. It was misunderstood in the context that it is used in the game. "aam" means "serve".

Nox

by Ahmuldein
September 22, 2014
hiith
Ahmuldein

Aam

according to Memrise (the canon course) this means "hmm?" I was simply wondering whether or not this is an error on our part or Memrise

This is an error on Memrise. It was misunderstood in the context that it is used in the game. "aam" means "serve".

Nox

Ahmuldein
September 23, 2014

Ahzidremhah

Can we change this word along with Hezdremhah? I was skipping ahead in the Non-Canon Dovahzul Memrise Course and, while being tested, I could not remember any of these due to their length, syllables, etc. I think we should change this along with some of the other musical terminology that...is difficult. In a way this is a good thing, we are able to figure out what words seem legitimate then when attempting to learn them we see otherwise. Once again Hiith, thanks for making the course. off topic

by Ahmuldein
September 23, 2014

Ahzidremhah

Can we change this word along with Hezdremhah? I was skipping ahead in the Non-Canon Dovahzul Memrise Course and, while being tested, I could not remember any of these due to their length, syllables, etc. I think we should change this along with some of the other musical terminology that...is difficult. In a way this is a good thing, we are able to figure out what words seem legitimate then when attempting to learn them we see otherwise. Once again Hiith, thanks for making the course. off topic

Ahmuldein
September 23, 2014

Honaatmuluv

-uv is no longer a suffix, if so it isnt appearing in the word search

by Ahmuldein
September 23, 2014

Honaatmuluv

Foduiiz
September 23, 2014
Ahmuldein

Ahzidremhah

How about removing the hah from the ends? That would make them Ahzidrem and Hezdrem. They'd make less sense as compound words but much more simpler and concise. 

Ahmuldein

Honaatmuluv

I think you'll find it is. Check the List of Affixes. This is one of the reasons I created that thread, because the search tool isn't great when it comes to more technical grammatical doo-dahs like this. 

by Foduiiz
September 23, 2014
Ahmuldein

Ahzidremhah

How about removing the hah from the ends? That would make them Ahzidrem and Hezdrem. They'd make less sense as compound words but much more simpler and concise. 

Ahmuldein

Honaatmuluv

I think you'll find it is. Check the List of Affixes. This is one of the reasons I created that thread, because the search tool isn't great when it comes to more technical grammatical doo-dahs like this. 

Ahmuldein
September 23, 2014

Nox hi

by Ahmuldein
September 23, 2014

Nox hi

Foduiiz
September 23, 2014

Ri-/Rik-

Can it be noted that the English equivalent of this is "electro-"?

EDIT: But doesn't necessarily translate directly as such. 

by Foduiiz
September 23, 2014

Ri-/Rik-

Can it be noted that the English equivalent of this is "electro-"?

EDIT: But doesn't necessarily translate directly as such. 

paarthurnax
Administrator
September 23, 2014

@Ahzidremhah, I think the best solution would be to make them hyphenated compounds, ahzid-dremhah and hez-dremhah. Easier to read and it keeps the compound intact.

@Rik-, good thinking, added.

by paarthurnax
September 23, 2014

@Ahzidremhah, I think the best solution would be to make them hyphenated compounds, ahzid-dremhah and hez-dremhah. Easier to read and it keeps the compound intact.

@Rik-, good thinking, added.

Foduiiz
September 23, 2014

@Ahzidremhah 

Hyphenation sounds good to me. 

by Foduiiz
September 23, 2014

@Ahzidremhah 

Hyphenation sounds good to me. 

Ahmuldein
September 25, 2014

Aaksu

I cant remember if I noted this before but I always associate cough with 'fus' and sneeze with 'su'. Maybe this should be a change...maybe it shouldn't...I am kind of 50-50 on this since Aakfus has been in the dictionary for a while and isn't the most necessary change...whatever you think Paarthurnax.

by Ahmuldein
September 25, 2014

Aaksu

I cant remember if I noted this before but I always associate cough with 'fus' and sneeze with 'su'. Maybe this should be a change...maybe it shouldn't...I am kind of 50-50 on this since Aakfus has been in the dictionary for a while and isn't the most necessary change...whatever you think Paarthurnax.

hiith
September 25, 2014
Ahmuldein

Aaksu

I, personally, think that they might could be the same word.

by hiith
September 25, 2014
Ahmuldein

Aaksu

Foduiiz
September 25, 2014

Methinks also. 

by Foduiiz
September 25, 2014

Methinks also. 

Ahmuldein
September 25, 2014
Foduiiz

Methinks also. 

Sure!

by Ahmuldein
September 25, 2014
Foduiiz

Methinks also. 

Sure!

dirtmonkeyal
September 27, 2014

Fend

Shouldn't this be based off of must? You SHOULD go. You MUST go. Shall/fent is just a more formal way of saying will/fen.

by dirtmonkeyal
September 27, 2014

Fend

Shouldn't this be based off of must? You SHOULD go. You MUST go. Shall/fent is just a more formal way of saying will/fen.

Vulsaarkven
September 27, 2014

Ahkrin

by Vulsaarkven
September 27, 2014

Ahkrin

Foduiiz
September 27, 2014

Welp. 

by Foduiiz
September 27, 2014

Welp. 

<<  <  1  2  3  ...  38  39  40  41  42  100  101  102  103 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.