A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Word Revision Thread

<<  <  1  2  3  ...  41  42  43  44  45  100  101  102  103 > >>  

paarthurnax
Administrator
October 23, 2014

Makes sense, corrected lovtiid to semi-canon.

by paarthurnax
October 23, 2014

Makes sense, corrected lovtiid to semi-canon.

DovahKiinZaan
October 25, 2014

Benangaar

Change definition to "Nchardak" it hasn't got an 'R'

by DovahKiinZaan
October 25, 2014

Benangaar

paarthurnax
Administrator
October 25, 2014
DovahKiinZaan

Benangaar

Fixed.

by paarthurnax
October 25, 2014
DovahKiinZaan

Benangaar

Fixed.

DovahKiinZaan
October 25, 2014

Gutzekein

Not always modern as there is artillery observed in Skyrim (attack on whiterun) and there has been many pieces of artillery made as far back as 1400 AD

by DovahKiinZaan
October 25, 2014

Gutzekein

Not always modern as there is artillery observed in Skyrim (attack on whiterun) and there has been many pieces of artillery made as far back as 1400 AD

Mirkrilaar
October 26, 2014

Ruvaar

I think this should be more closely related to "Kaaz" and the ending should be changed away from "aar".

by Mirkrilaar
October 26, 2014

Ruvaar

I think this should be more closely related to "Kaaz" and the ending should be changed away from "aar".

DovahKiinZaan
October 29, 2014

Rigevoth

Networks aren't always electrical, and also, they aren't always modern The man had a shipping network There was a theives network There was a network of people

by DovahKiinZaan
October 29, 2014

Rigevoth

Networks aren't always electrical, and also, they aren't always modern The man had a shipping network There was a theives network There was a network of people

DovahKiinZaan
October 29, 2014

Grahveysun

Not necessarily modern, technically frigates and brigs were battleships, and galleons

by DovahKiinZaan
October 29, 2014

Grahveysun

Not necessarily modern, technically frigates and brigs were battleships, and galleons

paarthurnax
Administrator
October 29, 2014

@Rigevoth, this word specifically refers to an electric kind of network. You could make a separate word that means the normal kind of network.

@Grahveysun, there were grahveysun "battleship," a modern word, and keinveysun "warship," a semi-canon word. I thought it was unnecessary to have two words, so I deleted keinveysun and made grahveysun a semi-canon word that would be equivalent to "battleship" or "warship."

by paarthurnax
October 29, 2014

@Rigevoth, this word specifically refers to an electric kind of network. You could make a separate word that means the normal kind of network.

@Grahveysun, there were grahveysun "battleship," a modern word, and keinveysun "warship," a semi-canon word. I thought it was unnecessary to have two words, so I deleted keinveysun and made grahveysun a semi-canon word that would be equivalent to "battleship" or "warship."

Volaanir
October 30, 2014

Zahkriidun

This word can also means "Swordplay"

by Volaanir
October 30, 2014

Zahkriidun

paarthurnax
Administrator
October 30, 2014
Volaanir

Zahkriidun

Good call, definition expanded.

by paarthurnax
October 30, 2014
Volaanir

Zahkriidun

Good call, definition expanded.

DovahKiinZaan
October 31, 2014

Mahlotuz

I think this is more of an old word- guillotines aren't used anymore, now we use electric chairs and stuff about 300 years old

by DovahKiinZaan
October 31, 2014

Mahlotuz

I think this is more of an old word- guillotines aren't used anymore, now we use electric chairs and stuff about 300 years old

TRBagon
October 31, 2014

Gefaas

"Spook" should be added with these.

by TRBagon
October 31, 2014

Gefaas

"Spook" should be added with these.

Foduiiz
October 31, 2014

Gor

Let's drop this in favour of Untak, listing 'test' as another definition, as well as exam, examine, examination, assess and assessment. Maybe also drop Laniid and add that definition too.

by Foduiiz
October 31, 2014

Gor

Let's drop this in favour of Untak, listing 'test' as another definition, as well as exam, examine, examination, assess and assessment. Maybe also drop Laniid and add that definition too.

Foduiiz
October 31, 2014

On second thoughts, Untak doesn't quite fit those definitions. Okay, I found canon 'Togaat', 'Attempt' which I think can displace Untak. As for the definitions I listed above, I'll try to come up with a new word. 

by Foduiiz
October 31, 2014

On second thoughts, Untak doesn't quite fit those definitions. Okay, I found canon 'Togaat', 'Attempt' which I think can displace Untak. As for the definitions I listed above, I'll try to come up with a new word. 

paarthurnax
Administrator
October 31, 2014

@Mahlotuz, there is no indication that the guillotine has been invented in the Elder Scrolls universe yet, so this is listed as a modern word.

@Gefaas, added "spook."

@Untak, togat does cover the most literal sense of untak. What would you suggest as a translation for "trial" in the sense of "trial by combat"?

by paarthurnax
October 31, 2014

@Mahlotuz, there is no indication that the guillotine has been invented in the Elder Scrolls universe yet, so this is listed as a modern word.

@Gefaas, added "spook."

@Untak, togat does cover the most literal sense of untak. What would you suggest as a translation for "trial" in the sense of "trial by combat"?

<<  <  1  2  3  ...  41  42  43  44  45  100  101  102  103 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.