A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Word Revision Thread

<<  <  1  2  3  ...  59  60  61  62  63  100  101  102  103 > >>  

Loniizrath
January 7, 2015

Haal-Liin

Why not Genazmey? It must rise again! Plus, I think it fits better with how a dovah would describe it, and it rolls off the tongue much better.

by Loniizrath
January 7, 2015

Haal-Liin

Why not Genazmey? It must rise again! Plus, I think it fits better with how a dovah would describe it, and it rolls off the tongue much better.

paarthurnax
Administrator
January 7, 2015
Loniizrath

Haal-Liin

It's possible. I'm looking to get rid of the prefix ge-, though, so for the long-term, I'm not entirely sure about genazmey.

by paarthurnax
January 7, 2015
Loniizrath

Haal-Liin

It's possible. I'm looking to get rid of the prefix ge-, though, so for the long-term, I'm not entirely sure about genazmey.

Loniizrath
January 7, 2015
paarthurnax
Loniizrath

Haal-Liin

Genaz is its own word though. Delight or Pleasure.

by Loniizrath
January 7, 2015
paarthurnax
Loniizrath

Haal-Liin

paarthurnax
Administrator
January 7, 2015
Loniizrath
paarthurnax
Loniizrath

Haal-Liin

It's ge- unaz, lit. "to make happy." A suggestion that was brought up by Foduiiz is to use the word nos "strike" instead, so then it would become nos unaz "to strike happiness." If you wanted it all one word, then I suppose it would be nosunazmey.

None of these changes have been made yet, so it's not the final word.

by paarthurnax
January 7, 2015
Loniizrath
paarthurnax
Loniizrath

Haal-Liin

It's ge- unaz, lit. "to make happy." A suggestion that was brought up by Foduiiz is to use the word nos "strike" instead, so then it would become nos unaz "to strike happiness." If you wanted it all one word, then I suppose it would be nosunazmey.

None of these changes have been made yet, so it's not the final word.

hiith
January 8, 2015

Grozah

synonym: probably

by hiith
January 8, 2015

Grozah

paarthurnax
Administrator
January 8, 2015
hiith

Grozah

Added.

by paarthurnax
January 8, 2015
hiith

Grozah

Added.

hiith
January 8, 2015

Stahdim

Revak could suffice

by hiith
January 8, 2015

Stahdim

Revak could suffice

paarthurnax
Administrator
January 9, 2015

Fiiz

Redundant with "Ahraan."

by paarthurnax
January 9, 2015

Fiiz

Redundant with "Ahraan."

paarthurnax
Administrator
January 9, 2015

Resh

Possibly redundant with "Gahrot." Words also shouldn't end in "sh."

by paarthurnax
January 9, 2015

Resh

Possibly redundant with "Gahrot." Words also shouldn't end in "sh."

hiith
January 9, 2015
paarthurnax

Fiiz

Redundant with "Ahraan."

I would argue that there's enough distinction between the two, ahraan being (at least somewhat) lasting, and fiiz being more general.

I agree with resh being redundant.

by hiith
January 9, 2015
paarthurnax

Fiiz

Redundant with "Ahraan."

I would argue that there's enough distinction between the two, ahraan being (at least somewhat) lasting, and fiiz being more general.

I agree with resh being redundant.

hiith
January 9, 2015

Praad

Could instead be something like "volaag" instead of being dangerously close to "praan"

by hiith
January 9, 2015

Praad

Could instead be something like "volaag" instead of being dangerously close to "praan"

SkraafiiSeShuniik
January 9, 2015

Dekydraanjot

you mixed up the k and the y

by SkraafiiSeShuniik
January 9, 2015

Dekydraanjot

paarthurnax
Administrator
January 9, 2015
SkraafiiSeShuniik

Dekydraanjot

Krosis! Fixed.

by paarthurnax
January 9, 2015
SkraafiiSeShuniik

Dekydraanjot

Krosis! Fixed.

paarthurnax
Administrator
January 10, 2015

Time to catch up on revisions.

@Fiiz, sure, I can agree with that. Ahraan has some sense of permanency.

@Resh, I decided to keep this as a separate word that means "to rob, cheat, or swindle." I changed it to meyvit to relate to mey "fool." I also found other redundant words, skobov "to swindle or cheat" and skoboviik "cheater, rogue, trickster." I ended up combining these into one set of words, meyvit and meyvitaan.

@Praad, sure, this can change. My preference would be vopraan, not to be confused to mean "unrest," though. Otherwise nipraan.

by paarthurnax
January 10, 2015

Time to catch up on revisions.

@Fiiz, sure, I can agree with that. Ahraan has some sense of permanency.

@Resh, I decided to keep this as a separate word that means "to rob, cheat, or swindle." I changed it to meyvit to relate to mey "fool." I also found other redundant words, skobov "to swindle or cheat" and skoboviik "cheater, rogue, trickster." I ended up combining these into one set of words, meyvit and meyvitaan.

@Praad, sure, this can change. My preference would be vopraan, not to be confused to mean "unrest," though. Otherwise nipraan.

hiith
January 10, 2015

@paarthurnax vopraan works.

by hiith
January 10, 2015

@paarthurnax vopraan works.

<<  <  1  2  3  ...  59  60  61  62  63  100  101  102  103 > >>  

This thread is more than 6 months old and is no longer open to new posts. If you have a topic you want to discuss, consider starting a new thread. Contact the administrator for assistance if you are the author of this thread.