A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Translation Suggestion Thread

<<  <  1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  17  18  19  20 > >>  

Frinmulaar
August 22, 2016
jimmycrickett99

I Would like there to be a word for "Pony" I was thinken we could combind the words for "Small-Horse" Something like Maley or Makey

That is well and good, and indeed malkey is the legacy word for 'pony', but that is not something that can be added to the translations of either mal or key, which is what this thread is for.

by Frinmulaar
August 22, 2016
jimmycrickett99

I Would like there to be a word for "Pony" I was thinken we could combind the words for "Small-Horse" Something like Maley or Makey

That is well and good, and indeed malkey is the legacy word for 'pony', but that is not something that can be added to the translations of either mal or key, which is what this thread is for.

Frinmulaar
August 22, 2016
Vulkro

Should Laan also be translated to what as well as question

No such usage in canon, sorry. Laan is strictly a noun/verb.

by Frinmulaar
August 22, 2016
Vulkro

Should Laan also be translated to what as well as question

No such usage in canon, sorry. Laan is strictly a noun/verb.

FiinDovahKreid
September 8, 2016

Here are words I couldn't find!

how, what,why, bye,love,hungry,car/vehicle, 

by FiinDovahKreid
September 8, 2016

Here are words I couldn't find!

how, what,why, bye,love,hungry,car/vehicle, 

Frinmulaar
September 9, 2016
How/what/why - nonexistent in Bethesda material. Sad but true.
Bye - "lok, thu'um" or "pruzah wundunne"
Love - "smoliin" as a noun, verb not known.
Hungry - bahlok(us)
Steed - key
by Frinmulaar
September 9, 2016
How/what/why - nonexistent in Bethesda material. Sad but true.

Bye - "lok, thu'um" or "pruzah wundunne"

Love - "smoliin" as a noun, verb not known.

Hungry - bahlok(us)

Steed - key

Sunvaardrem
September 11, 2016

I don't know what it would be but, we need a word for demon.

by Sunvaardrem
September 11, 2016

Dezonikso
September 11, 2016
Sunvaardrem

Try Deyra. Daedra are the demons of the Elder Scrolls universe. However, if you are trying to refer to any one specific daemon or daemons (such as Lilith, Azazel, or Beelzebub, or even Sheogorath, Meridia, or Vaermina) you would probably use their respective name.

by Dezonikso
September 11, 2016
Sunvaardrem

Try Deyra. Daedra are the demons of the Elder Scrolls universe. However, if you are trying to refer to any one specific daemon or daemons (such as Lilith, Azazel, or Beelzebub, or even Sheogorath, Meridia, or Vaermina) you would probably use their respective name.

Sunvaardrem
September 11, 2016
 Dezonikso

Oh ok. Thanks!

by Sunvaardrem
September 11, 2016
 Dezonikso

Oh ok. Thanks!

Sunvaardrem
September 13, 2016

Nussun for sleep, or no? for sleep, or no?

by Sunvaardrem
September 13, 2016

Nussun for sleep, or no? for sleep, or no?

Frinmulaar
September 14, 2016

In what draconic material from Bethesda does nussun appear?

by Frinmulaar
September 14, 2016

In what draconic material from Bethesda does nussun appear?

Ruvgein
September 26, 2016

Did Sunvaardrem mean "nus-sun" ?

by Ruvgein
September 26, 2016

Did Sunvaardrem mean "nus-sun" ?

TheNekoMimiGirl
October 4, 2016

I tried to write a love poem for my special someone, but to my knowledge the dictionary does not have its own variation of "beloved" so I had to get creative and say "fahdonsezii" which was supposed to translate to "friend of soul" or in other words "soulmate." Is this accurate enough to use?

by TheNekoMimiGirl
October 4, 2016

I tried to write a love poem for my special someone, but to my knowledge the dictionary does not have its own variation of "beloved" so I had to get creative and say "fahdonsezii" which was supposed to translate to "friend of soul" or in other words "soulmate." Is this accurate enough to use?

Liis
Administrator
October 4, 2016
@TheNekoMimiGirl,

Questions such as these are better suited to be posted to the Question Board for more and better feedback.

I see no reason why that couldn't translate as you wish.
by Liis
October 4, 2016
@TheNekoMimiGirl,

Questions such as these are better suited to be posted to the Question Board for more and better feedback.

I see no reason why that couldn't translate as you wish.

Ruvgein
October 5, 2016
TheNekoMimiGirl

These are two questions that were answered:

link

link

by Ruvgein
October 5, 2016
TheNekoMimiGirl

These are two questions that were answered:

link

link

TheNekoMimiGirl
October 5, 2016
Liis
@TheNekoMimiGirl, Questions such as these are better suited to be posted to the Question Board for more and better feedback. I see no reason why that couldn't translate as you wish.

Thanks, I'm new here so I don't know where everything is yet and I wanted to use only canon or at least semi-canon words.

by TheNekoMimiGirl
October 5, 2016
Liis
@TheNekoMimiGirl, Questions such as these are better suited to be posted to the Question Board for more and better feedback. I see no reason why that couldn't translate as you wish.

Thanks, I'm new here so I don't know where everything is yet and I wanted to use only canon or at least semi-canon words.

Viiksedovah
October 29, 2016

A word for "Turret", "Zunau".

Weapon on top. 

by Viiksedovah
October 29, 2016

A word for "Turret", "Zunau".

Weapon on top. 

<<  <  1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  17  18  19  20 > >>