Thuum.org

A community for the dragon language of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Translation Suggestion Thread

<<  <  1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  17  18  19  20 > >>  

paarthurnax
Administrator
May 21, 2018
Zinrahzul
A recent translation request was "quest". That has to be a common medieval/RPG-type word. Dovahzul has [yah] noun version meaning "pursuit". My suggestion is to add "quest" to those meanings since you fulfill a quest by seeking something. What do you think? "The quest to kill Alduin" "Yah fah krii Alduin"

Sounds good to me, added!

by paarthurnax
May 21, 2018
Zinrahzul
A recent translation request was "quest". That has to be a common medieval/RPG-type word. Dovahzul has [yah] noun version meaning "pursuit". My suggestion is to add "quest" to those meanings since you fulfill a quest by seeking something. What do you think? "The quest to kill Alduin" "Yah fah krii Alduin"

Sounds good to me, added!

NikkoSossedov1
June 12, 2018
@paarthurnax I have a suggestion for a Dovahzul name for Blackreach. Neben-Keizaal, literally Under Skyrim.
by NikkoSossedov1
June 12, 2018
@paarthurnax I have a suggestion for a Dovahzul name for Blackreach. Neben-Keizaal, literally Under Skyrim.

Liis
Administrator
June 12, 2018
@NikkoSossedov1,

"Neben" is not a canon word.
by Liis
June 12, 2018
@NikkoSossedov1,

"Neben" is not a canon word.

NikkoSossedov1
June 12, 2018
@paarthurnax
Akaviri becomes Dovahnoruv in Dovahzul.
by NikkoSossedov1
June 12, 2018
@paarthurnax

Akaviri becomes Dovahnoruv in Dovahzul.

NikkoSossedov1
June 12, 2018
@Liis Screw canonicity at this point! I can barelyremeber what that is with all the words in this site!
by NikkoSossedov1
June 12, 2018
@Liis Screw canonicity at this point! I can barelyremeber what that is with all the words in this site!

NikkoSossedov1
June 12, 2018
Tamrielic becomes Taazokaanuv.
by NikkoSossedov1
June 12, 2018
Tamrielic becomes Taazokaanuv.

NikkoSossedov1
June 12, 2018
If what I've been told by the wiki is true, the eord for moon is volunkrein, literally Night-Sun.
by NikkoSossedov1
June 12, 2018
If what I've been told by the wiki is true, the eord for moon is volunkrein, literally Night-Sun.

Liis
Administrator
June 13, 2018
@NikkoSossedov1,

This thread is only for suggesting English translations for already existing canon words.
Don't needlessly post multiple times in a row in the same thread. If you have something more to say, you can always edit your posts and add to them.
by Liis
June 13, 2018
@NikkoSossedov1,

This thread is only for suggesting English translations for already existing canon words.

Don't needlessly post multiple times in a row in the same thread. If you have something more to say, you can always edit your posts and add to them.

NikkoSossedov1
June 13, 2018
@Liis A. I am doing this shizz on a phone so I have to get a post written ASAP or else Chrome erases it. And B, I literally am just going to write a post on this thread whenever I think of a word.
by NikkoSossedov1
June 13, 2018
@Liis A. I am doing this shizz on a phone so I have to get a post written ASAP or else Chrome erases it. And B, I literally am just going to write a post on this thread whenever I think of a word.

Liis
Administrator
June 13, 2018
@NikkoSossedov1,

I have only ever used a phone and Chrome for this site, and I have never experienced that problem. Write your posts on a document of some sort before pasting it here if it's that much trouble.

If the words you think of are possible English translations to already existing canon words, then go ahead. Otherwise, do not post them to this thread.
by Liis
June 13, 2018
@NikkoSossedov1,

I have only ever used a phone and Chrome for this site, and I have never experienced that problem. Write your posts on a document of some sort before pasting it here if it's that much trouble.

If the words you think of are possible English translations to already existing canon words, then go ahead. Otherwise, do not post them to this thread.

Hahdremro
June 13, 2018
NikkoSossedov1

That's not what this thread is for. This thread is for editing existing Dictionary entries to make existing words easier to find, such as irregular pluralizations (wolf/wolves) and irregular forms of words (see/saw). Some of your translations are good, but thuum.org isn't able to add words to the canon Dovahzul lexicon, since we're not associated with Bethesda Softworks.

Also, I feel you on the issue of having to write quickly. Many forums, ours included, are somewhat tricky to use on certain older mobile devices. Still, you can edit your posts instead of posting four times in a row.

by Hahdremro
June 13, 2018
NikkoSossedov1

That's not what this thread is for. This thread is for editing existing Dictionary entries to make existing words easier to find, such as irregular pluralizations (wolf/wolves) and irregular forms of words (see/saw). Some of your translations are good, but thuum.org isn't able to add words to the canon Dovahzul lexicon, since we're not associated with Bethesda Softworks.

Also, I feel you on the issue of having to write quickly. Many forums, ours included, are somewhat tricky to use on certain older mobile devices. Still, you can edit your posts instead of posting four times in a row.

NikkoSossedov1
June 13, 2018
@Hahdremro Fine. Thanks for the info.
by NikkoSossedov1
June 13, 2018
@Hahdremro Fine. Thanks for the info.

NikkoSossedov1
June 20, 2018
Anyone think my word for black jole is good?
Wuldsedinok. Vortex of Death.
by NikkoSossedov1
June 20, 2018
Anyone think my word for black jole is good?

Wuldsedinok. Vortex of Death.

Liis
Administrator
June 20, 2018
@NikkoSossedov1,

This is strictly a thread for suggesting possible translations for existing canon dragon words.
by Liis
June 20, 2018
@NikkoSossedov1,

This is strictly a thread for suggesting possible translations for existing canon dragon words.

laaniiksedov
July 16, 2018
For the word piraak, I suggest the translation of 'have'. As in I have a dog. since your not using 'have' in the sense that 'lost' is used, piraak would work better. "Zu'u piraak dok." or "Zu'u piraak aan dok."

EDIT: went and rechecked the dictionary, it appears 'piraak' as 'have, has' is indeed already a translation
by laaniiksedov
July 16, 2018
For the word piraak, I suggest the translation of 'have'. As in I have a dog. since your not using 'have' in the sense that 'lost' is used, piraak would work better. "Zu'u piraak dok." or "Zu'u piraak aan dok."

EDIT: went and rechecked the dictionary, it appears 'piraak' as 'have, has' is indeed already a translation
<<  <  1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  17  18  19  20 > >>